Chapter 18 (Can't catch a break)

The knocking wouldn't stop. (Y/n) quietly stalked towards the front door, preparing herself to take action. There was a small peephole on the door, just above (Y/n)'s head. As she approached it, countless possibilities flooded her head. Could it be a human? A monster? Another killer? Did they know (Y/n) was here? What would they do it they found her?

    Standing on her toes, (Y/n) peeked through the hole on the door, only to be met with a large pair of black empty orbs. It's skin was paper white, and she could hear it's raspy breathes through the door.

    Quickly, (Y/n) shot back and covered her mouth with here hands to muffle her scream. What was it? It certainly wasn't human. It looked as though it was somehow crouching down to  be eyelevel with the peephole...How was that possible?...(Y/n) was barely tall enough to reach it, she couldn't fathom how tall this thing was?

     While (Y/n) was trying to process this all, the knocking never stopped. Whatever stood there was very persistent.

    "H-hello? Please! Help me!" A voice of a young girl calls out from behind the door.

    What?....That's not....possible...

    (Y/n) was very confused...She KNEW that thing was behind the door...How does it have the voice of a little girl? Was there an actual child out there as well? Did (Y/n) fail to notice them, to distracted by the terrifying white creature?

   "I'm scared! Please, let me in!" The young girl called out again.

    Unfortunately, the child sounded quite convincing. The sound of their voice almost brought tears to (Y/n)'s eyes. It was alluring...it tugged at her heart...Why did (Y/n) want to open the door? She knew very well what was behind it...

     (Y/n)'s arms seemed to be pulled upwards by some unseen force. Fear envelopes her as she realized she couldn't stop herself from slowly walking towards the door. Her arms and legs had a mind of it's own.

    "I need to stop....Pull away..Pull away!" (Y/n) screamed in her head.

Her hands trembled as she struggled to fight against hypnotic force pulling her towards the door. Was this it? After all this time? Surviving hell and high water, just to be bested by some lanky beast with the voice of a little girl? What a shame....

    Just as her fingertips touched the door handle, a large pair of hands gripped here, and pulled her away. (Y/n)'s entire body was shoved into the chest of whoever saved her.

    "You're first night in these woods, and you're already trying to get yourself killed~" cooed Masky.

    (Y/n) let out a sigh of relief as she snapped out of the trance. She thanked whatever god was looking out for her.

    "What....was that?..." She said as she pulled away from Masky, ignoring how close she was to him just a moment ago.

   (Y/n) tried ignoring the fact that Masky wasn't in his usual jacket and jeans. Instead, he wore a tight black shirt, paired with a pair of black baggy sweatpants. It looks like he heard the commotion, and was only able to throw on his mask...

He's....built really well...(•≀ˍ̮ •")

    "That is what we call the rake...You definitely don't want to invite him in for tea and cookies....Next time you hear anyone outside that isn't us, come and get me.." He said crossing his arms.

    At this point the knocking seemed to slow down a bit, but the creature was still outside. We could hear it breathing. It seemed to give up the little girl act.

    Creepy....

  "So...What should we do? Will it go away?" (Y/n) asked, cautiously eyeing the door.

    Masky let out a tired sigh and casually ruffled his dark brown hair.

     "Yah it usually goes away after a little while." He said, more annoyed than scared.

    It was strange....That such a terrifying creature didn't even make them a little nervous..(Y/n) wondered what other things she would have to face on the road ahead.

    Masky then turned towards the living room, ignoring the rake.
     "Looks like you cleaned up your mess.."He said.

   Small talk? Masky is trying to make small talk?

   (Y/n) has reluctantly began to trust her new teammates. Though, she didn't imagine it would be anything like this. She assumed she would be tied up and gagged somewhere in a dark basement..Not...chilling with them in the living room casually talking about a hole in the ceiling while a tall flesh eating monster scratches at the door like a sad puppy.

   Masky had noticed (Y/n)'s hesitation to speak back.

     "You don't have to be scared of us anymore you know~" Masky said teasingly

    "That's not it! I just..." (Y/n) fumbled with words in her mind, none others came out.

    Masky chuckled while turning back towards the hallway, and began to walk back to his room.

    With that, he was gone.

  What a strange interaction...They really are human...well...act human...sometimes...
    Their hospitality was almost soothing. At least, that was what (Y/n) thought. She had just lost her home...her life...she has become a killer..Her entire world burned down around her, and the company of the three proxy's seemed to be the only stable thing in her life at the moment.
     In her mind filled with foggy forgotten memories of her past, the one thing she knew for sure was that she could trust her partners. Simply because she earned her trust.

    She earned her place...She fought hard to be where she was...

     All (Y/n) could wonder was...what came next?

(Authors note)

NEW CHAPTTERRRRR

YAHHHHH

WOOOOOOOOO

Please enjoy _(┐ε:)_