Chapter 19 (adjusting)

GUESS WHOS BACK FROM THE DEAD AYYYYY
(Sorry for the late updates! I'm doing a lot of  work and I'm about to start veterinary medicine! I'm so happy to see all of you enjoying my writing. I didn't expect it to get this popular to be honest
(U v U)╯♡)
Don't be mad at meeeee。゚(゚`゚)゚。)

It had been a few days since (Y/n)'s first interaction with the rake. (Y/n) used this time to herself to build her mental strength back up...The days leading up to the fire were quite stressful, and it had obviously taken a toll on (Y/n)'s mental health. Not to mention she literally killed a women who tried sacrificing her innocence in order to cover up a case they couldn't solve.
    Surprisingly, committing arson and murder wasn't what was weighing her down. It was in fact the uncertainty of what could possibly come next.

She still didn't know much about what all was happening to her, but she learned a few things. She learned the three masked men were referenced to as "proxy's". They were the loyal dogs of the tall faceless demon. They called him the slender man. He is the head honcho.
One of the proxies were always in the cabin watching her. Most of the time it was Toby, to his dismay. Masky and Hoodie were rarely home.
Toby says it's because they are busy catching up on work. What work he was talking about, she didn't really want to know.
Toby spent most of his time waving around his hatchets, and laughing his ass off while watching looney tunes on the small tv in the living room.

(Y/n), too afraid to get anywhere near the hatchet-wielding-nut job, spent most of the day in her room. She was tired of being afraid. If she was going to survive now, she had to learn how to.

It was late at night, and the house had gone silent. Hoodie and Masky haven't been home in two days. Toby was currently passed out on the couch, empty bottle of beer in hand.
(Y/n) quietly stalks her way down the stairs and past the living room. The sounds of the tv drowns out the sound of her footsteps. She made it past the living room, and started to make her way down the hallway where she knew the three men slept.
There were four doors. Three of which lead to average bedrooms. The fourth, at the end of the hallway, was different. It was a simple dark room with no windows. It has a table in the middle of the room with an old beat up map. It looks like it is a map of the woods that surround her town.
The rest of the room held different weapons. Guns, knives, and other supplies. Obviously they kept themselves busy. One thing caught her eye. It was a small stainless steal pocket knife. Without thinking, she snatched the small knife and clipped it to the inside of her pants, and hid it away under her shirt.
"Yah (y/n), let's fight a giant skin-walker with a weapon the equivalent to a butter knife" she quietly whispers to herself.

Her eyes turn to something much more effective. A OTs-03, also known as the Dragunov SVU. The OTs-03 SVU is a bullpup designated marksman rifle. It was an automatic rifle with 15 rounds per magazine. The damage wasn't as severe as a standard rifle, but it was effective. (Y/n) had foggy memories of her father being a marine, and had guns like that all over the house.

This one in particular was a favorite of his when they would go hunting together. (Y/n) may not have the strength as the other proxies, but she was one hell of a shot.
She quickly scooped up the beautiful gun and a few rounds and scurried out of the room, and back up the stairs to her bedroom. The moment she closed the door behind her, she could hear the front door open and then slam violently from down stairs.
    Sounds like Masky and Hoodie were back.

Muffled voices can be heard from downstairs, but (Y/n) couldn't make any of it out. Soon the voices stopped, and heavy footsteps can be heart making their way up the stairs.

SHIT (΄◉◞౪◟◉`)

Quickly, (Y/n) shoved her findings under her pillow. Just as she covered it with a blanket, a loud knock pounded against her door.
"Hello?..." (Y/n) called out.