Chapter 21 (Skeleton in the Closet)

Von eyed (Y/n) with a cocky smile. He radiated confidence. He took a step back and waved his arm towards the front door of her apartment.

"How about we have a little chat..." Von said as he pulled a key from his pocket. He unlocked the door of (y/n)'s old home, and held the door open for (Y/n).

(Y/n) was still speechless. She didn't know what to say or do. Whoever said that there was just fight or flight was WRONG. There was another option. Sit around and stare like an idiot.

"I'm sure you have lots of questions and concerns. Let me assure you I'm not here to hurt you." Von poorly reassured (Y/n).

(Y/n) blinked out of her trance. Finally, the wheels started turning.

"What...the hell is going on...?" (Y/n) managed to spit out.

"Come inside, and I will answer all of your questions to the best of my ability. But try not to make a scene. The last thing I need today is another mess to clean up." Von chuckled to himself as he slightly lifted the bottom of his suit jacket, revealing a handgun tucked in a holster.

"I guess I don't have a choice..." (Y/n) thought to herself, and sighed in defeat.

(Y/n) stepped back into her old home, Von following close behind. She could feel his breath going down her neck. Apparently this well dressed hoe couldn't grasp the concept of personal space. Von pulled out a chair from the kitchen table, and motioned for (Y/n) to have a seat. He then sat directly in front of her. Legs crossed, arms folded, and he leaned back. (Y/n) read him like a book. Despite how he carried himself, he wasn't the cocky bastard he makes himself out to be. His posture reveals he is actually quite cautious. Body language is everything. By crossing your arms and legs, you are protecting your major organs. This reveals that this individual is uncomfortable. The distance that he put in between himself and (Y/n) was decent. He didn't want to be in a resting position very close to her.

According to her best judgment, (Y/n) decided to appear confident. The last thing she wanted was to confirm to this guy that she was helpless and scared. She sat up straight in her chair, leaned forward, and placed her hands on her knees.

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" (Y/n) spoke out, tilting her head, and not breaking eye contact.

This seems to have caught Von off guard. He chuckled, and loosened the tie wrapped around his neck.

"You know...After years of dealing with you things, I always seem to get the chills. The researchers actually think there is a scientific reason behind it. Our brains can somehow sense your differences from us. Wolf in sheep's clothing..." Von explained.

Researchers?...Differences?...What was he talking about?

"I don't think I understand...What do you mean researchers?" (Y/n) nervously asked, letting her confidence slip.

Von stared for a moment, as if he was trying to read her mind.

"So tell me...How much do you really know?" He asked.

"How much and I am supposed to know?..." (Y/n) shot back.

Von frowned.

"So you don't know! You really can't remember? Haha! Wow!" Von seemed genuinely surprised, and a little amused.

He then began his rant.

"Your new friends are of interest to our research team. They caught our attention years ago, along with your tall friend. There is an anomaly that seems to happen in this territory. It seems as though all victims are being infected by some kind of illness when the individual is exposed to a significant amount of trauma. They begin to change. First they lose their mind. Headaches, hallucinations, nose bleeds. Then...that's when they begin to physically change. We have identified two different types of changes. First, the changes only impact the body's physical abilities. Speed, eyesite, hearing, and strength. That is what happened to your three friends. Then of course there is the other change. It seems to turn them into a mindless animal. We refer to it as mutation 608, but your friends just call it the rake...Well.. rakeS. There are more than just one. There aren't many of them, but there are enough to catch our attention..."

(Y/n) couldn't speak..That thing..used to be human? Was (y/n) going to turn into one of those terrible creatures?

"I bet you're wondering which one you will change into..Well..I have good news for you! You aren't displaying any signs of turning into the ugly one! By now you would have started experiencing crippling body aches, and a change of skin color." He went on.

1st Person Pov

I couldn't believe what I was hearing...There was too much information to take it...The other proxies...They didn't send me away for another test... They sent me away just in case I turn into one of those creatures...Those (゚ω゚)lying...evil...HEARTLESS SONS OF BITCHES!

Back to 3rd Person Pov

(Y/n)'s blood began to boil. She clenched her hands into fists so tightly, she could feel her nails digging deep into her now bloody palms. Warm blood dripped onto the old kitchen tiles. Frustrated and overwhelmed, she brought her hands to her head and clenched her hair.

Von stood up with (Y/n), and gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Now I know you're probably scared and confused, but I have-" Von was interrupted by a bloody hand smacking him away.

"YOU SHUT THE HELL UP! YOU WANTED MY LIFE RUINED JUST AS MUCH AS THEY DID! YOU HAVE DONE JUST AS MUCH DAMAGE! DON'T PRETEND TO BE ON MY SIDE!" (Y/n) screamed.

All she could see was red. She could hear her heart pounding in her ear. The voices that have tormented her when this all began slithered their way back into her head. It was all jiberish. A terrible cluster headache deep in her brain, behind her eyes. She has had attacks like this before, but never this bad.

Snapping back into it, (Y/n) reached for her bag and began to frantically search. Von just sat back and watched. He looked amused, yet cautious.

Finally, (Y/n) found what she was looking for. By now, blood was flowing from her nose down her face. The voices got louder and louder. She needed the pills that Masky gave her. She knew she needed them...Luckily, she had a few left. (Y/n) greedily devoured the rest of the pills (Author's note: Without water...Like a psychopath...(_ )

Von only observed. He seemed like he was taking notes with his eyes. Mentally writing down everything the poor bloody girl did. Little did (Y/n) know...To him...She was only a lab rat...

"(Y/n)...You are changing...These fascinating unworldly changes taking place were revolutionary. Soon we will uncover the science behind the anomaly...And you are going to help us do that... " Von said as he stood up, and knelt down to (Y/n)'s height. She was barely conscious due to the episode.

Suddenly, a long thick needle pierced her neck. A shiver went down her spine as the world around her grew darker and darker...

Her last thoughts before succumbing to the darkness...

"This....bitch...(΄◟◉)"...