Chapter 20 (Three Days)

"Three days..." (Y/n)  kept on  repeating to herself..

Three days...That's 72 hours ... .4,320 minutes...259,200 seconds... A lot can happen in that amount of time. Hell, within the first few nights in the cabin, she came face to face with a skinwalker...What else wonders in these woods?

(Y/n) needed a plan, and fast. At first she thought to just find shelter and wait it out. However, she needs to worry about food and water..But she can't just waltze into town! She is either thought to be dead, or is a wanted criminal. All she had on her were the clothes on her back and the small pocket knife she had snatched from the supply room. She had to do something before dark... From the position of the sun, (Y/n) could tell it was probably around noon. That leaves just a few hours before sundown.

After some consideration, (Y/n) decided she should make one risky trip into town, and then find shelter elsewhere. She was thinking one of the abandoned office buildings at the far edge of town would be okay. That IS where they found one of the victims bodies...But their demise was most likely due to    (Y/n)'s three new co-workers... Right?...

After what seemed like forever walking, the surroundings of the forest began to look much more familiar. It looks like (Y/n) made it to the outskirts of the town's park. A few people were sprinkled here and there, doing their own thing. Jogging, biking, or playing. (Y/n) hoped to go unnoticed. Carefully,    (Y/n) made it through the park, avoiding getting too close to anyone. A small familiar building caught her attention. It was the restrooms. (Y/n) cringed as she remembered her first face to face meeting with Masky. Good times...

(Y/n) was certainly not interested in spending her three days in the grimey public bathroom. She was mainly focused on the park's lost and found bin that sat directly outside the bathroom doors on a small counter. She hoped to find something that would warm her up. Preferably something with a hood so that she could cover her face. After some digging,  (Y/n) managed to find an old hoodie. It was a little big, but that didn't matter. She got lucky and scored a pair of gloves and a scarf as well. Now she didn't look as much like a bum.

Now that she had the clothing situation figured out, she had to go get supplies. But from where? She had no money. (Y/n) walked down the sidewalk with her hands shoved in her pockets trying to think of something.

"I know I had an apartment...But where?" (Y/n) thought very hard.

Unfortunately the memory loss has begun to affect even the most simple details of (Y/n)'s old life. Where did she live? Where did she work? Did she have any friends? It was foggy, but it wasn't all gone. (Y/n) was simply being led by a hunch. (Y/n) knew she was being led home.Her feet moved by themselves it seemed. It felt nostalgic, almost like it had been years since she had last been here. She knew that wasn't true. It was him...Slender...He was the one messing with her brain.

After a bit of walking and zoning out, (Y/n) found herself at an apartment door...

"I think this is it.." She mumbled to herself.

The door seemed familiar enough. The door had obvious damage to it. As if someone has tried to get in. Memories of the first night of the three proxies trying to get into her home flooded her head.

Yup...This is the place (-_-)

(Y/n) tried the door handle..
Locked...
Great...

(Y/n) knew a spare key was laying around here somewhere..Where would she hide her spare key? Surely the door mat was too obvious. No, that wasn't like (Y/n) at all.

"Maybe..." (Y/n) got an idea and reached her hands above the door and onto the trim. The feeling of cold metal touched her fingers. Gotcha!

(Y/n) took the hidden spare key and unlocked the door. She was met with the familiar smell of her apartment. She wished she could just stay here...But she can't risk being seen by anyone who knows about her, or the things she has done...

As she packed a few essentials, (Y/n) let herself fall into deep thought. She thought about the night her life turned upside down. She thought about the chilly air nipping her nose. Then the sounds of the man who fell victim to the three proxies. What did he do to get himself killed? (Y/n) remembered how the three men spoke after killing him. What did they say? They had mentioned that there were more like him. More that knew about "the situation". What could this situation be? (Y/n) could only imagine the horrors. She hoped she wouldn't have to get involved. Bashing in skulls was probably the last thing on her to-do list.

After packing a small backpack, (Y/n) was finally ready to hit the road... Off to the crusty abandoned building of death!

(Y/n) reluctantly moved towards the front door, not wanting to leave the heat of her old home. Obviously she ditched the random clothes she found at the park, and changed into some of her clothes. She packed only the essentials into her backpack. Clothes, a few days worth of food, a bottle for water, a sleeping bag, and a flashlight. She thought about taking a picture or two, but she couldn't seem to recognize the people in it. It even took a few moments to recognize herself...

Oh well!

(Y/n) slipped out the front door, locking it behind her. She slid the spare key into her pocket...Just in case...

As she made her way down the stairs, she was caught off guard by an unfamiliar hand grabbing her wrist. Behind her was a man. Not just any man...Immediately, (Y/n) felt a wave of anger and confusion come over her. It was Von...The man who was arguing with detective McClain the day (Y/n) figured out their plan to frame her for the murders. What was he doing here? How did he know (Y/n) would be here? What did he know?

"It's you..." (Y/n) mumbled as she ripped her wrist from his grasp. This can't be good..

He chuckled and put his hands up, as if he had surrendered. He was dressed in a suit. He was tall, and built well. His dark black hair was slicked back, and he was freshly shaven. Who was this guy? He didn't just look like some small town detective.

"Well well well...Look at you! We thought you may have actually burned to death in that fire of yours. Nice touch with the human bone fragments." Von exclaimed and he clasped his hands together.

(Y/n) was unable to respond. She was a deer caught in headlights. Something wasn't right. Little did (Y/n) know, she was about to fall deep into the rabbit hole of this shit show, and it was way deeper than she ever could have imagined...

Authors note
WOAHHHH ANOTHER CHAPTER IN THE SAME YEAR??!?!? WAHT?!?!
I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, but get ready for some serious plot development in chapter 21!!!!