Chapter 16 (home away from home)

Slowly, (Y/n) regained consciousness. She couldn't quite make out her surrounding, as her eyes were stuck  shut.
     The world was spinning, and she was sure her head had been stuffed with cotton. Not only that, but her tongue was swollen and dry. As an instinct, she tried to swallow, but it kinda just felt like trying to swallow a huge dry ass vitamin with no water. With this, she came to a conclusion that she was extremely dehydrated.

    (Y/n) forced her dry eyes open and took in her surrounding.
    It was unfamiliar to her. It was cold and damp. Below her was a stiff old mattress, with an old faded quilt.  The room she lay in was a simple. Old wooden floors, faded wallpaper, and old furniture. Beside her was a nightstand. On that nightstand was a glass of water and a couple of pills beside it.

    "Jesus..." Was all she could muster out.

    Never before in her life was she THIS excited to see water. (Y/n) thanked whatever god was watching over her and swallowed down the entire glass. The water tasted old, and was kind of warm, but she didn't care.

    After eagerly devouring the entire glass, (Y/n) curiously looked over at the pills placed along side the glass. 

    Waking up in a strange old dust trap of a house really didn't make her hungry for mystery pills, so she left them...

    Standing up, (Y/n) quietly made her way to the door. The floor creaked slightly with each step. Where the hell was she?
    She tried the door handle...
.
   .
      .

          Locked... OF COURSE! ╰(*'︶'*)╯♡

 (Y/n) was faced with yet another challenge...

    "Honestly...what the hell do I have to do around here to catch a break..." (Y/n) whispered to herself as she looked around the room for another possible escape rout.

     Her eyes met with a window!

     Ok! Good start!

      With a couple tugs, she learned it was securely glued shut...
     "Not surprising...what kind of torturous murder house would it be if the guests could just let themselves out the windows..." (Y/n) pouted.

    Not like anyone could make that drop without breaking their legs...even if they did somehow manage to crawl away, it would be near impossible to navigate in the darkness....

   Upon further inspection, of both the small bathroom and closet, (Y/n) realized the only possible escape route was a large air vent in the bathroom. The vent cover was easy enough to remove, but (Y/n) didn't like what she saw on the inside.

    It was definitely....accessible...

    But the vent was covered in a thick layer of dust and cobwebs. Not only that, but she was quite sure she saw a few spiders in there as well...

  She could do ARSON!

      SHE COULD DO LITERALLY MURDER!!!!

          BUT SPIDERS?!?

                Hard no!

    But what choice did she have?

    A shiver went up her spine as she realized her fate WAS to explore the dark vents...with the spiders...

    With that, (Y/n) grabbed a nearby towel and began to squeeze into the vent. She was just small enough to make it through...

    Through twists and turns, it was mostly pitch black. Luckily, she didn't feel anything crawling up her back...