Bonus (1B) Mishaan ki Pari has captured my heart

Mishaan Mehra's PoV

Two very weird things happened at lunch at the Malhotras/Khannas

1. Mishti snapped at Pari for picking Misha and pulled her daughter away from Pari

2. Pari's mood is skyrocketing and crashing within seconds.

Of course I'm going to elaborate.

When we got out to sit at the lunch table, Mishti who was arriving at the table saw Misha with Pari and she immediately took her girl off Pari's arms. She even snapped at Pari for being careless. And then at Ruhaan for being inattentive.

Ruhaan and me got nothing out of the story but Pari lowered her head and avoided her gaze from Mishti's angry ones.

After that, and me finally interacting with Radhika Malhotra, aka, daadi, we sat down at the table in the same seating arrangement since three years now. Daadi at the head table to my left, Ansh across daadi and Mishti Ruhaan and Misha in front of us while Pari and I sat besides.

Daadi and Ansh enquired about my trip, Ruhaan was feeding Misha and Mishti was eyeing the girl next to me who was eyeing her food. She hadn't touched a single morsel of rice on the plate.

It was rajma chaval, her favorite.

Yet.

I met Mishti's eyes and nodded, telling her I'll handle Pari and she shook her head slightly, retreating back to eating.

'Hey,' I whispered to not break the conversation which now involved Ansh's new job.

'Kya?' Pari asked, looking at me.

'Khana?'

'Mera mann nahi kar raha hai.' She said, looking at the food and then at me. 'I am not feeling good.'

'Pari, I've told you so many times, jaan. Khane ki insult mat kiya karo.'

She shut her eyes, taking a deep breath and I kept glaring at her. She begrudgingly took a bite of the rice and sat back while I let it go. This wasn't a place to argue.

And especially not today!

'Mishaan, Pari?' Daadi now shifted focus to us. 'What about you two?'

'Kya?' Pari asked, confused.

'Nahi, shaadi ka kuch socha hai ki nahi.'

As estimated Pari's face fell, her eyes now lowered to the plate and I knew she felt out of place around this topic. She continued playing foosball with the rice and spoon and I smiled at daadi.

'Aap bolo, kaha karni hai?' I joked, trying to diffuse the tension, bringing all the attention to me.

'Arrey. Shaadi toh tum dono ko karni hai.' Daadi said, smiling at us. 'Muje nahi.'

'Arrey daadi,' Ruhaan chuckled pointing at us. 'Mishaan toh kabse taiyyar hai.'

'Haan. Bhaiya ne toh ghodi bhi ready rakhi hai.' Ansh chuckled, sharing a goofy grin with Ruhaan. 'Bas Pari dii haa bolegi and he'll sit on it.'

They laughed, Mishti smiling at Ansh while Pari only glared at Ansh. I smiled too, eating in peace as daadi smiled at her grandchildren.

It was so nice to be here with these people.

I think that's the best thing about me getting Pari. With her comes her dysfunctional family and I will never trade them over anyone.

While the lunch commenced and we now trolled Ansh's dating life, I held Pari's hand from underneath the table. She looked at me, and I winked at her. She smiled, shaking her head and held my hand back.