✈19) Mishaan ki Pari has a strong, attractive pull

19) Mishaan ki Pari has a strong, attractive pull

'Mishti?'

No response

'Mishti? Mishti!'

Radhika had been calling on Mishti's name for 10 minutes now but the sleepy tired girl was tucked well under the quilt. Pari was combing her hair as she saw Mishti's reflection in the mirror, Mishti wasn't even stirring.

'Pari?' Radhika screamed from her room.

'Ji, Daadi,' Pari answered, as she tied her hair in a ponytail.

'Please wake Mishti up, it's past 6 am,'

Pari bit her lip, turning around to see Mishti asleep soundly. She then glanced at the watch, it was fifteen minutes past six and Pari had to start prepping for the engagement party soon.

She walked towards Mishti, sitting on her bed as she saw her sister asleep. Although Mishti was asleep, she wasn't peaceful and Pari could see how stressful these few days were on her sister. What she had in her mind, Pari had no idea. But, whatever it was, it was something huge.

Maybe it was something about Ruhaan and her.

Pari sighed, wanting to know and sort whatever was wrong between these two but then, she also didn't want to get involved. She was leaving in a week's time anyway, and there was no use helping others when she couldn't help herself.

'Mishti?' Pari said, softly, but Mishti was a log, 'Mishti?'

This time Pari approached her, sitting on the edge of Mishti's bed, shaking her softly, 'Uth jaa.'

Mishti tsked, turning, 'Kal.'

'Arey,' Pari asked, clueless, 'Kal kya?'

'Kal uth jaungi.' Mishti sleepily said, 'Please.'

Pari chuckled as she held Mishti's shoulder, slightly shaking her, 'Mishti,'

'Pari,' Mishti groaned, holding her sister's hand and gripping it and, sleeping again.

With a heavy sigh, Pari looked at her sister. She caressed her sister's beautiful silky hair with her free hand and adjusted the quilt on her. For years, Pari had been waking up with Mishti and her constant yelling. Pari was the sleepy head amongst them and would always wake up late.

But staying away from her own people had taught her smaller things of life, one of them being waking up at the sound of the alarm or losing the entire day. There was no one to wake her up lovingly back in NYC.

'Mishti,' Daadi barged in the room, she smiled seeing the girls being cozy, 'She's not getting up? She promised she'd be up to go to the temple with Sue and me.'

Pari smiled at Mishti who was sound asleep, holding her hand as she faced Radhika, 'Daadi, let her be. I don't think she slept well last night.'

'How do you say?'

'Actually, when I got up early morning for some water, Mishti's bed was empty. I saw her out in the balcony alone.' Pari slowly removed her hand from Mishti's clutches, 'So, let her sleep, I'll take you.'

Ruhaan who was right behind daadi, listening intently to their conversation intervened, 'No it's cool, I'll take them. Anyway I have to go to the photobooth to print few of the pictures. Yea?' He smiled at Pari, 'You get started with the arrangements. I know a lot is pending.'

Radhika agreed and retreated back to her room, leaving Pari and Ruhaan to face the silence. Ruhaan stood at the door, as Pari tucked Mishti's hair strands behind her ear and tucked her to sleep. While that happened, Ruhaan smiled at the both of them, wishing this to remain as is.