✈37) Mishaan ki Pari ko bhul jao

37) Mishaan ki Pari ko bhul jao

'Mauli aunty?'

'Haan, Pari?'

'Ye dekho meri roti toh choti hai,'

'Arrey, kitni pretty hai. Hum isse sekte hai. I'm sure aapke buddy ko ye sabse zyaada pasand ayegi!'

Pari smiled as she saw the picture of Mauli and she covered in flour, well she was and Mauli was smiling at her. Mishti and she loved to trouble Mauli aunty when she cooked for them. Their family dinners on Sundays were one of Pari's favorite.

She flipped the photograph, finding one where she sat on Ishaan's shoulder.

'Pari beta, what are you seeing up there?'

'I am looking up at the stars, Ishaan uncle. I want to touch one.'

'Well, you are my star, so I'll hold you!'

Chuckling, she flipped the albums, finding all sort of pictures with everyone in her family. And so many with her buddy, but this picture, where she had stood on the sofa and hugged him because he was angry on her.

'Pari, bad manners. School homework is a must.'

'But, Buddy, it's so boring.'

'Fine, Buddy won't talk to you until you finish your homework. See like Mishti.'

'Oho buddy, I'll hug you like this and you'll melt,'

Pari shook her head, remembering all the faint memories behind few of the pictures as she sat with all the albums and memoirs of her late family members. She was in happy tears seeing the happy faces of her own people.

How amazing it would have been if they were all alive and here now. Life would've been so much better.

So much easier.

The doctor had checked her and after much pleadings, removed her saline with a list of things to keep eating. And as evening passed into a calm night, Pari busied herself with all albums from the past. And while Radhika readied food for the sick girl, she busied herself with old memories.

'You know Pari dii,' Ansh intervened as Pari looked at him, 'That picture always makes me wonder what in the world were you two doing to me!'

Pari chuckled seeing the picture where Mishti and she were burying a small kid Ansh and they all looked mischievously happy. He held a tray of hot oil as Pari asked him what he intended to do with that.

'Champi,' He grinned pulling Pari near the bed as he sat up, his hands untying her hair and Pari groaned.

'Argh!' Pari groaned, sitting hugging her knees as Ansh dipped his hands in the hot oil, massaging Pari's scalp, 'Tu aise badla lega, tel laga ke!'

'Yes!' Ansh said running his fingers through her hair, relaxing Pari's head, 'I've heard a good champu malish can beat all headaches.'

Pari smiled, looking up at him backwards and he kissed her forehead. She scanned through the albums with him, commenting and discussing.

*click*

Pari and Ansh looked up at the flash to see Ruhaan clicking their pictures, and they posed. Ruhaan then sat besides Pari on the floor, showing them their pictures.

'See this pictures I clicked of the sunrise in Goa,'

'Sunrise?' Ansh said, while Pari and she bent to see the picture, 'But akele jaane mein kya mazza.'