✈4) Mishaan ki Pari still gets affected

4) Mishaan ki Pari still gets affected

Ruhaan and Mishti had silent breakfasts these days. Ruhaan was pretty busy in his photoshoot and upcoming projects and Mishti always preoccupied with her steadily growing company.

So that day was no different since the married couple sat on the breakfast table, eating in peace, while lost in their own worlds. Ruhaan very much wanted to break the silence, and ask Mishti what was on her mind, what was happening with her and maybe tell her his insecurities but anytime he did, she'd lie anyway. So he had given up.

And Mishti's mind was occupied by her sister who still hadn't exchanged two sweet words with her.

'Morning Mishti dii, Morning Ruhaan bhaiya,' Ansh smiled at them, sitting on the breakfast table and they retaliated. Breakfasts without their daadi was a sad affair and the past month had taken a toll on both their grandmother's health and their sanity.

'Pari dii?' Ansh asked helping himself with some bread and jam while Mishti stiffened on the mention of her sister.

'She slept in the hospital.' Ruhaan answered for Mishti, who ate her cereal in distaste.

Ansh furrowed his eyebrows, wondering, 'But, isn't Pari dii staying at the hospital since three days straight now?'

Mishti sighed, pushing the bowl and decided that was enough breakfast for her. Pari had been staying overnight with Daadi at the hospital and returning home in the day when neither Mishti or Ruhaan was home and in a way avoiding any sort of interaction with them. What pissed Mishti more was that she really wanted to have an actual conversation with her sister on the underlying issue.

But Pari gave her no chance.

It had been four days since her arrival but she was so into herself that she hardly gave time to others. Mishti was preoccupied by a lot of events, especially the 30th birthday celebration of a rich snob she disliked for which staying at home during the day was an absolute no.

And she knew that Pari knew that.

The bell rang as Ruhaan escaped from the table and from Mishti's sudden wrath, to open the door. There stood Arnav and his Bua, their building neighbors as Ruhaan invited them in.

'Breakfast?' Mishti asked with a smile and both of them declined.

Bua sat on the sofa, tensed as Arnav sat with the lot at the table, deciding which fruit to eat. Mishti and Ruhaan glanced at their Bua and confronted her about the matter.

'Daadi theek hai na?' Mishti asked, immediately getting up.

Bua shook her head, 'Mishti beta, daadi is absolutely fine.' Mishti could sense her own heartbeats falling back to its orginal speed as she walked towards Bua with a glass of juice.

Ruhaan sat back on the table eating the cereal, watching the duo as Bua thanked and drank the juice.

'Theek toh Pari nahi hai,'

Every pair of eyes immediately found their way to the fifty something woman, Mishti sat besides her adamant to know what was wrong with Pari.

'Matlab?' Ansh asked, one could see how tensed he was, 'Kya hua?'

'Normal nahi hai woh,' Bua continued, sadness enveloping her hopeful eyes as she looked at Mishti, 'She's changed. Completely.'

Mishti wanted to add that it wasn't something new but refrained herself when Ruhaan eyed her. She contained her wrath and waited for Bua to finish her tale.

'She hardly smiles, hardly speaks anything. She doesn't even talk to herself. Gin chun ke bolti hai, and kuch pucha toh sab theek hai bolti hai.'

Ruhaan now wanted to add that she was exactly like her sister but kept still, while everyone else agreed to Bua's observations. Pari had not spoken to any of them in a normal way. They could all see how distant Pari was even when she stayed in the same house as theirs.