3.

Y/N's P.O.V.

The ride to the golden palace was deathly silent as Thor lead the way. We passed through crowds of Asgardians and I tightened my hold on the reins of the horse, trying to shake the memories from my mind.
The tension was thick between Thor and I as we dismounted the horses at the stables, before stepping inside the palace.
Thor was clearly thinking hard about something and I was finding it very difficult to block out his thoughts.
I was a powerful sorceress, everyone who knew my name knew that, and one of my many talents included mind reading. It saved my life more times than I could count when I was on the battlefield, however I tried not to invade people's minds unless it was completely necessary, or I was bored.

"Thor, you're back." The familiar voice of the Queen of Asgard spoke and I dragged myself out of my thoughts, realising we had just entered the throne room. I bowed to Odin respectfully, Thor doing the same.
"And Princess Y/N, how lovely to see you again, dear."

"Queen Frigga." I gave the woman a small smile. She was possibly the only Asgardian I could tolerate.
"Allfather."

"Princess Y/N, is it true you wish to join my sons on Midgard and act as a guard to ensure Loki behaves?" Odin spoke, looking at me carefully.

"Yes, your majesty. My father believes I have a lot to learn about Midgard and thinks that joining Prince Thor and Prince Loki will give me invaluable experience. I also believe it will be an opportunity to grow our two kingdoms closer together." Frigga smiled at my answer and Odin nodded his head slowly. The king looked towards the guards, before nodding again, causing them to leave.

"Thor, I'd like to speak with you, alone. Frigga, would you like to take Princess Y/N outside, where Thor and Loki will join you on a few moments?" It was a rhetorical question, but the queen didn't hesitate, coming forward and offering me her arm.

"It has been a long time since you have visited Asgard, dear." Frigga spoke softly as we walked towards the entrance of the palace.

"I have a lot of duties in my own realm, I've been busy." I sighed and she gave me a knowing look.
Frigga was there when my mother was killed. It happened right in front of us and the first thing she did was pull me close to her as guards surrounded us, I was just a child at the time.
"It's hard for me to come back here."

"I know." She nodded.
"But I am glad you came." We made it outside and I looked over Asgard with a small frown.
"How is your brother?"

"Lars is convinced he could become king tomorrow and be the greatest king Vanaheim has ever seen. My father, however, insists on him waiting." She laughed at that slightly.

"He never had much patience, did he?" I shook my head, no.
"And how are you? You look well."

"I'm... okay. Physically, I am stronger than ever. My magic has grown and I'm learning more about it every day."

"But?" She looked at me expectantly.

"But, my father wishes for me to get married and he wants it to happen before Lars' coronation." I muttered.
"Frigga, you're the one who taught me that love is more important than politics, but I fear I'm slowly losing faith that love is real. Eventually, my father is right, I have to marry, but I'm not sure I want to."

"Don't lose faith, my dear. Faith over fear, that's what helps us survive." She spoke softly and I nodded my head. Footsteps came towards us and the two princes approached, one of them in chains.

"What is she doing here?" Loki asked bitterly, looking at me. I narrowed my eyes at him slightly, holding my tongue in front of the Queen. I didn't want to upset her by murdering her son on the spot.

"Princess Y/N, this is my brother Loki-"

"We've met." I interrupted dryly and the dark haired prince glared at me.

"Visit soon, won't you?" Frigga asked.
"All three of you?"

"Of course, mother." Thor spoke and she looked at me expectantly, causing me to sigh and nod.
"Good." She went back inside, leaving me alone with the two princes.

"You've grown into quite the princess, haven't you, Princess?" Loki asked, sarcasm dripping from his tone.

"Watch it." I warned, materialising a knife into my hand.
"I promised my brother I wouldn't kill you and start a war, but that doesn't mean I won't hurt you."

"Lady Y/N, there's no need for violence." Thor spoke, pushing the blade down slightly. Loki scoffed at his comment.
"My brother will quite happily do anything to bother you. I find it best to ignore everything that comes out of his mouth."

"Hey." Loki muttered, actually seeming kind of offended.

"We should go. They're expecting us on Midgard." Thor spoke, pushing his brother forward.

"Who are?" I asked in confusion.

"The Avengers." Thor replied proudly and Loki rolled his eyes. Thor seemed to notice my blank expression and he sighed.
"They're a group of Midgardians that are... more advanced than the rest of Midgard. They're Earth's mightiest heroes."

"Right." I nodded, still not fully understanding.
Only one question was on my mind.
What the Hel had I gotten myself into?