23.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"What do you think you're doing, Princess?" Loki asked, holding his hand up as if he was shielding his eyes.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I laughed, flicking water at him, but he looked away.
"Oh, come on. You can't see anything." I rolled my eyes at his childishness.
"Come for a swim?" I asked and he pulled a face.

"Definitely not." Loki muttered stubbornly.
"Come on, that pond must be filthy-"

"It's quite clean actually." I smirked.
"And the temperature is perfect."

"No. I am not getting in a dirty pond. I can't believe you'd actually expect me to do that." I shrugged.

"Your loss. Bye." I took a breath, before pushing myself under the water and staying there for a few moments. I faintly heard Loki call my name several times, but I stayed still, holding my breath with ease.
I couldn't remember how many times I had practiced holding my breath under water when going swimming in ponds and lakes back home in Vanaheim. I was able to hold my breath for several minutes, thanks to practice.
A few moments passed, before there was a splash and I pushed myself up to the surface, laughing at Loki's annoyed expression.
"Aww, you tried to save me." I teased and he glared at me, still practically fully dressed.

"I hate you." He muttered and I grinned at him.

"I love you too." The words slipped out before I could stop them, but I didn't regret them. Not when I saw the adorable look on Loki's face.
Suddenly my lack of clothing didn't seem to bother him at all, because he came over and wrapped his arms around me.

"You do?" Loki asked in the softest voice imaginable and I nodded my head, a wave of shyness washing over me.
"Say it again?"

"I love you, Loki." I mumbled, feeling heat creep up into my cheeks.

"I love you too." He replied, kissing my head. I slipped out of his arms and moved over to the other side of the pond, flicking water at him for the second time.
"That does not mean I want to stay in this disgusting-" A horrified look crossed his face when I splashed him again and water got into his mouth. He choked a little, before glaring at me.
"That's it!" He came after me suddenly and I tried to get away, but the pond was small and Loki was much bigger than me. I screeched when he got me, turning me around and kissing me deeply. I put my hands against his, suddenly bare, chest as I kissed him back, but someone clearing their throat interrupted us.

"Loki, Lady Y/N, mother sent me to find you both." Loki moved in front of me slightly, glaring at his brother.

"Thor, you moron, can't you see we're busy?" Loki snapped at him, but Thor was completely unfazed.

"King Njörd and Prince Lars have arrived for the feast." The blond prince spoke and I swore quietly.
"You've both been requested to return back to the palace."

"We'll be there soon." I said, smiling over Loki's shoulder and Thor nodded, swinging Mjolnir, before flying away.
"Is there any way we can avoid the feast? Because I'd like to do that very much."

"Nope, sorry. Can I ask why?" Loki asked, turning to face me. I head butted his chest, mumbling my answer so quiet that I barely heard it.
"Speak up, Princess."

"The last time I saw my father was the same day Thor and I picked you up to take you to Midgard and you were in chains." I reminded him.
"He's going to have a lot of questions that I don't want to answer."

~

"Sister!" Lars grinned, wrapping his arms around me and hugging me tightly.
"Thor told me about what you and Loki did to save the mortals! I'm proud and so is father!"

"Good Gods, get off of me!" He let go and I took a deep breath.
"This dress is tight enough without you clinging onto me." His smile didn't falter as we both looked around the room, seeing Loki and Thor doing the same on the opposite side of the hall. I locked eyes with Loki for a moment and my lips curled up into a small smile.

"I must apologise." Lars spoke, dragging my attention back to him.
"We were so busy dealing with the traitor on Midgard that I forgot to congratulate you."

"Congratulate me? On what?" I scoffed and Lars looked confused.

"Yours and Prince Loki's engagement, of course. Father was most pleased-"

"Holy shit." I looked at Lars in disbelief and he frowned.
"You did not tell our father I was engaged to Loki. Tell me you're lying? Please?"

"What? No. Of course I told him, why wouldn't I?" Lars asked, looking lost. My jaw dropped and I shook my head.

"Maybe because we're not engaged?" I asked and Lars' eyes widened.
"I am going to kill you..."

"Y/N, I did not know. I can talk to father-"

"Don't do that. You'll just make things worse." I sighed.
"Just come with me." I walked around the edge of the hall and Loki must have seen the stressed look on my face, because he dragged Thor to meet us halfway.
"You're not going to believe what my idiot brother has done."

"What?" Loki asked carefully.

"He thought you and I were engaged." I sighed and Loki's eyes widened.
"He has told my father that we are and knowing my father-" The Allfather brought his staff down on the floor, bringing the large hall to silence.

"We are gathered here this evening to share a feast with the royal family of Vanaheim." Odin began, before looking to my father, who wasn't sat too far from him. My father stood up and Odin continued.
"And King Njörd would like to make an announcement."

"Shit." Loki and I swore in unison and Lars looked at me apologetically.

"This isn't going to end well." Thor mumbled and my father cleared his throat.

"As some of you may know, my daughter, Princess Y/N, has been accompanying Prince Thor and Prince Loki in Midgard." My father gestured towards us.
"What many of you may not know, however, is that in their time together, Prince Loki and my daughter built a special kind of connection."

"This is torture." I muttered in disbelief, whereas Loki just looked horrified.

"I am proud to announce that our two realms will be closer than they've ever been, when my daughter is wed to Asgard's younger Prince!"