16.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"We missed you at the party last night." Tony said, looking at me as I served breakfast. My head was spinning, but I couldn't let myself do nothing. I had to be doing something or I'd go insane.

"Yeah, well, I wasn't feeling too great." I muttered and Nat walked in, taking one look at me, before coming over and carefully pulling me out of the room.

"You look terrible. What happened?" She asked as soon as we made it to her room. She sat me down on the bed and I let out a sigh.

"You know, the usual. I show up at Asgard, find my brother, who shouldn't even be there. He's barely alive and so are many of the warriors I've grown up with. They were ambushed by the man who killed my mother for being a monster. The whole thing, of course, was a trap for me."

"Oh my god." Nat whispered and I wiped the tears from my face.

"Yeah, I almost completely drained myself healing everyone and then I had to fight the guy that killed my mother, I got pretty badly hurt, but I killed him, so it doesn't matter all that much." I took a breath.
"Anyway, it still gets worse. You know I told you about my childhood friend? Yeah, found them, a couple hours later than I planned, but I kissed them, only to find out I was too late. There was already another girl on their room and- I feel so stupid, Nat. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do next and..."

"Shh, it's okay." She whispered, wrapping her arms around me as I cried.
"Firstly, you deserve a lot better than whoever they were. Secondly, let me take a look at how badly you're hurt." I gingerly lifted up my tee and peeled back the bandages, Nat's eyes widening dramatically.
"Jesus, Y/N! JARVIS, tell Bruce to get to Medbay now. Y/N needs emergency surgery."

"You're being dramatic." I mumbled as she helped me up off of the bed.

"No, you're being reckless." She scolded.
"Y/N, that's really bad. How are you not in agony?"

"It went numb a couple of hours ago." I mumbled.
"I'm not worried."

"You should be!"

"What's happening?" Thor asked as he and Loki turned the corner. They both looked concerned.

"Y/N was in some kind of fight on Asgard last night. She's got no magic and an injury that should have killed her." Nat explained and Loki's eyes widened as Thor picked me up.

"Asgard? You went to Asgard instead of the party?" Thor asked me angrily.
"What kind of fight?"

"The messy kind." I mumbled.

Loki's P.O.V.

This was my fault. She said she was hurt and I didn't listen. Now Y/N could die? Why did I have to be such an idiot?

"No, Lady Y/N. Stay awake." Thor spoke as the three of us moved towards the Medbay.

"Tired." Y/N mumbled and my heart broke at how weak she sounded. As soon as we reached the room, Y/N was laid on a bed.

"Loki, what healing magic do you know?" Thor asked me, a desperate look in his eyes. I knew my brother had grown to care for Y/N over the past few months, just as I had, but I rarely saw him this panicked.

"Not a lot. Not enough to fix this." I held my hands out.

"Can you stabilise her, at least? She's slipping." Bruce looked at me and I nodded, hoping it would work. It was magic I hadn't practiced in centuries and healing magic was never my thing. Y/N always did it better than me. Healing was in her nature.
Maybe...

"Loki, what are you doing?" Thor asked me as I took Y/N's hand in my own.

"I'm not a healer, but she is. I'm using her magic as well as my own." I closed my eyes, trying to focus on fixing Y/N and not the pain of two very different kinds of magic flowing through me at once. Technically, combining magics should kill me, but if I survived blood magic, this was nothing.

"She's stabilising. You did it." Bruce said and someone grabbed my arm, dragging me out of the room. I was too dizzy to pay attention to who it was, but they shoved me against the wall.

"Natasha-" She punched me, hard and my head hit the wall, causing me to glare at her.

"It's you, isn't it?" She asked, glaring at me.
"You're the childhood friend that Y/N had an argument with? The one that broke her heart, twice now, by the way."

"Of course it's me, although I'm surprised she told you." She slapped me this time and I took a breath, refusing to retaliate.
"I didn't mean to upset her and I definitely didn't know she was this badly hurt. Whatever she told you about last night, she got the wrong end of it."

"She told me you slept with some girl from the party whilst Y/N was fighting for her life." He glared at me.

"I didn't sleep with anyone. I spilt my drink on the girl and a very drunk Stark stepped in, telling me to take her upstairs and give her a clean shirt." I spoke honestly.
"Y/N just showed up a few minutes too late. I wouldn't do that to her. I thought she had rejected me, but that didn't mean I went with the first woman I could find."

"You better tell her that." The redhead muttered.
"Because for some reason she really likes you. She was terrified of giving you a second chance, but I convinced her to give you one. At the time, I didn't know it was you, but still."

"She's going to be alright." Thor spoke, coming to the door.
"Banner says she's not going to wake up for another few hours, but someone should stay with her, just in case. I would stay, but I have to go to Asgard to find out what happened. Loki you're coming with me, I don't trust you enough to leave you-"

"No, Loki should stay." The woman next to me spoke and I looked at her in shock.

"Lady Natasha-"

"If anything happens, he might be the only one who can stabilise her." She looked at me.
"I'll keep my eye on him. Go."