5.

Y/N's P.O.V.

Midgard was nothing like I was imagining. The Avengers turned out to be a pretty strange group of people with various confusing backgrounds, but they were a family.
There were 7 of them in total that lived in the tower, however I was told that they worked with more people and occasionally an organisation that called itself SHIELD.
They explained their abilities to me, there was a man in a metal suit, another man with metal wings, two trained assassins, two super soldiers, and a man that turned into a destructive beast. It wasn't confusing at all. I explained I had magic and Steve decided he trusted me enough to let me read his mind, to help me understand the basics of Midgard. Sam also helped a little, considering Steve and his whole situation about being stuck in ice for decades.

"How did you sleep?" Bruce asked me, causing me to look up at him. I hadn't heard him come into the room, I had been way too focussed on the book in front of me.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

"It's alright." I gave him a small smile.
"And I didn't sleep. I didn't get the chance."

"Is everything okay with your room? If there's something wrong-"

"No, nothing like that." I closed the book, giving him my full attention. The room I had been given was amazing, almost as large as my room in Vanaheim, amd it looked over the whole city.
"I was just up all night reading. I didn't think Midgard was such a large place and I was unbelievably unprepared. The information we have in the libraries on Vanaheim is very outdated."

"Lady Y/N!" Thor grinned as he walked into the room.
"It's good to see you making an effort! Loki has unfortunately elected to stay in his room, but that doesn't matter at the moment."

"Yes, hello Thor." I mumbled, picking my book back up and standing up. I stepped away from the couch and almost immediately colourful dots clouded my vision as I stumbled, arms wrapping around my waist instantly.

"My lady? What's wrong?" Thor asked and I pushed myself away from him, scowling.

"I'm fine." I muttered and Bruce put his hand on my arm, making me sit on one of the stools at the counter.

"Here." Bruce placed a glass of water down in front of me.
"You probably overworked yourself healing everyone yesterday and then not sleeping last night."

"You didn't sleep?" Thor asked, looking at me in disbelief.
"Lady Y/N, this isn't Vanaheim-"

"I am well aware of that." I replied coldly.

"My point is, your magic will have more of an effect on you here. You're channeling magic from Vanaheim, that's tiring for even the strongest magic users." Thor looked at me with a small smile.
"You need your rest, my lady."

"Uh, Y/N, I'll walk you back to your room. There's something I want to ask you, if that's alright?" Bruce asked and I reluctantly nodded. Thor patted Bruce on the back, saying something about him being a good friend, before Bruce lead me over to the elevator.
"So what's up with you and Thor?"

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion, looking at him carefully.

"You act like you hate him, but you agreed to come here with him. I don't get it." Bruce shrugged.
"I could understand hating Loki, but Thor? What did he do?"

"Loki, yes, I do hate him. Thor, no." I rolled my eyes.
"I just strongly dislike Asgardians."

"That's a bit... I don't know, racist isn't it?" Bruce looked at me.
"How can you hate a whole race of people?"

"I don't hate them, I told you that." I muttered as the elevator opened and we stepped out.
"My mother and I went to Asgard to talk with Queen Frigga when the three of us were walking and an arrow coated in poison was shot into my mother's heart. Another was fired and Frigga barely moved me out of the way in time. I was 16." Bruce's expression softened as he looked at me.
"I hate the man that killed my mother. I dislike the Asgardians because instead of the execution he deserved, the Asgardians somehow convinced Odin that the man should live. He's locked up in their prisons, where even my father agrees he should stay."

"Well, here on Earth, you don't get executed for murder. In most cases, you don't even get a life sentence in prison, unless you killed a lot of people or someone really important like... the president or the Queen of England!" I wanted to argue with him, saying that my mother was royalty and deserved better, but decided to keep my mouth shut. I didn't have the energy to argue, I was exhausted. We reached my room and I leaned against the wall as Bruce spoke up again.
"What about Loki? What did he do to make you hate him?"

"He..." I looked down at the ground, then down the hall to where the trickster's room was.
"He's Loki."

"I'll let you get some rest." Bruce gave me a small smile.

"Thanks, Bruce." He nodded his head, walking away and I let myself into the room, locking the door behind me. I barely had the energy to use my magic to change into my sleep wear, before I collapsed onto the bed, wondering how I hadn't noticed how tired I was earlier.
I was asleep within minutes, my mind unconsciously drifting to the God of Mischief down the hall.