24.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"I suppose it was to happen eventually." Loki muttered, as my head rested on his chest as we laid in bed. It was late, but neither of us seemed to mind.
"Although I did plan on courting you for a little longer, before I asked to marry you."

"I know, but... that doesn't make me any less mad at Lars." I mumbled, leaning my head against his shoulder. We were silent for a few minutes, although our minds were anything but quiet. Loki's thoughts were mostly locked on the feast and the stern conversation he had with his mother after she had scolded him for not telling her we were engaged.
I couldn't stop thinking about what my father said.
He wanted me to go home, to prepare for the wedding. Then he actually suggested Loki and I moving there permanently and I loved Vanaheim, but that sounded like a nightmare.

"Thor believes we should go back to Midgard soon." Loki sighed.
"We left quite suddenly and it has been several weeks."

"I like it on Midgard." I admitted.
"The mortals can be a little dull at times and they're not exactly the smartest creatures, but I really do like it there." Loki hummed and I hesitated.
"What if we stayed there?"

"On Earth?" Loki questioned and I moved to look at him, nodding my head.
"You want to stay on Earth? On Midgard?"

"Not forever... just for a while?" I smiled.
"We inevitably have to get married soon, thanks to Lars, which is going to make us Prince and Princess of both Asgard and Vanaheim. Living arrangements are going to be... complicated, to say the least."

"Don't forget the rightful rulers of Jotunhiem." Loki pointed out and I laughed slightly, nodding my head.
"And you think living on Midgard is a compromise?"

"No, I think living on Midgard is fair. I can't expect you to come to Vanaheim, I know it's not exactly your favourite place in the world and I can't stay in Asgard, there's just too many negative memories here for me." Loki nodded in understanding.
"And I love you, really, but Jotunhiem is out of the question. I am not living in a realm literally made of ice and snow. Sorry."

"I wouldn't expect you too, Princess." Loki chuckled, moving to cup my cheek.
"But if we do plan on staying on Midgard, then we are not living with the Avengers."

"Of course not." I smiled.
"You're really okay with it? Leaving Asgard and coming to Midgard with me?"

"Princess, I'd follow you to Hel if you asked me to." Loki smiled softly and I put my hand over his, kissing the palm of his hand.
"I love you."

"I love you too."

~

"Look who's back." Tony held up his hands.
"Where the Hell were you guys?"

"In Asgard." Thor sighed, placing Mjolnir down on the counter.
"Loki was hurt and both he and Lady Y/N were drained of their power, they both needed time to heal and recover."

"And you needed 2 months to do that?" Tony looked between Loki and I and I smiled innocently. So maybe we had stayed in Asgard a little longer than necessary, but there was something amazing about having the freedom to do whatever we wanted without upsetting any mortals we met. Loki and I had countless days out and then there was the whole wedding thing...

"No, we were all good within the first three weeks, but you'd be surprised how draining wedding planning is and then actually getting married..." I smiled at his shocked expression and Loki's arms snaked around my waist and he pulled me back against him.

"You guys... got married?!" I winced at his loud tone and Loki hummed, before kissing the back of my neck.
If I thought he was clingy before we did anything too intimate, that was nothing compared to what happened the day after our wedding. The night of our wedding was spent exactly how you'd expect and Loki was nothing but caring and gentle, it was perfect.

"Yes, they made both of our families proud and brought our two kingdoms closer together than ever. It was a beautiful ceremony." Thor grinned and the elevator opened as the rest of the team came in.

"You're back!" The ground shifted beneath me and I sighed, turning to look at Loki, who was smirking.

"That was rude. Have you considered I wanted to say hello to them?" I asked, struggling to keep a straight face. Loki's smirk was adorable and I was a little glad I wouldn't have to deal with all of the mortals at once.

"More than you want to spend time with me?" Loki whispered.
"That's hurtful, Princess."

"Silly trickster, I always want to spend time with you." I kissed his head, before slipping out of his hold.
"But right now I want to take a hot shower a little more." He pouted and I shrugged.