8.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Lady Y/N?" Thor asked, making me jump.
"Sorry." He gave me a small grin as he came over and sat down next to me on the balcony.
"I'm not interrupting anything am I?"

"No." I sighed, looking out over the city.
"I'm just a little homesick, apparently."

"It happens to the best of us." Thor nodded.
"I know you don't like me very much, but I'd like it if we became friends."

"Friends?" I repeated and he nodded. I wanted to make a snarky comment, but I was tired from showing off my magic to Sam and Bucky and there was something I wanted to know.
"Why would you want to be friends with me? I've been nothing but rude to you ever since we met."

"I believe you are a complicated woman, who experienced a terrible tragedy at such a young age. A tragedy that has made you project your fear and anger onto the people of Asgard." I looked at him carefully.
"I believe that we can become friends, because I will show you that you have no reason to fear me or be angry at me."

"I don't fear you, Thor." I replied honestly and he smiled, nodding.

"Good." He looked out over the city.
"I believe we started off on the wrong foot. I called you a silly little girl, you lied about being the King's daughter-"

"I did not lie about anything!" He grinned at me, clearly amused by my reaction.
"I didn't tell you the whole truth, there's a difference." I muttered, sighing.

"You and Loki, you used to be friends, correct?" He asked after a few moments.
"Best friends, if I remember correctly. I remember one time, I tried to go with mother and Loki to Vanaheim to meet the princess that seemed to have changed my brother for the better and Loki stabbed me to make sure I stayed behind. He was so afraid that I was going to take his best friend away from him." Thor smiled fondly.
"What happened between the two of you? Loki adored you and then one day everything changed. He stopped talking about you, he stopped leaving to visit Vanaheim with our mother, he became... colder. More distant."

"I presume you know who my mother was, or more accurately what she was?" I asked, not really sure why I was still talking to the blond god.

"Queen Skadi of Vanaheim." Thor nodded.
"Although, she wasn't from Vanaheim like most people believed. She was from Jotunheim."

"She was my father's second wife. My brother Lars' mother died giving birth to him, so when my father remarried, he was just happy to have a mother. Neither my father or brother cared that she wasn't Vanir and when I was born, they didn't care that I was half Jotun. However, to protect both me and my mother, that information was kept mostly a secret. Only a handful of people on Vanaheim knew and only two people on Asgard knew."

"My parents." Thor mumbled and I nodded.

"A week before Loki's 19th birthday gala, my mother and I were visiting Asgard. Our mothers were close, and they trusted me enough to go and find Loki, so that's what I did. He was the only reason I agreed to go to Asgard." I smiled at the memories of simpler times.
"After a few hours, our mothers came to find us and Queen Frigga sent Loki to find you. However, almost as soon as we stepped out of the palace, we were attacked. My mother was killed and your mother saved my life. I was 16 and I had just watched my mother die, I still have nightmares over a thousand years later. I knew why my mother had been killed, it was because of what she was, what we both were."

"That is a lot for anyone to go through. Especially at such a young age." Thor spoke softly and I nodded my head.
"But I don't understand, what does your mother's death have to do with Loki?"

"Well, for my own safety, Queen Frigga took me back into the palace, but I was in shock. I was struggling to keep my Vanir form. My skin was slowly turning blue and Frigga truly did her best to calm me down, but it was futile. She ended up calling for Loki, hoping he'd be able to help." I looked down at my hands with a frown.
"Loki looked at me and I've never seen anyone look so horrified. He called me a monster and other names I'd prefer not to remember. Then he said my mother's death was justified because she was a monster too, a threat. I loved him and he tried to have me killed for being something I had no control over."

"Loki, you moron..." Thor muttered, shaking his head.
"My lady, you need to speak with my brother. He has something to tell you."

"I don't want to hear anything he has to say." I shook my head and Thor sighed heavily, standing up. He offered me his hand and I let him help me up.
"I'm sure you can tell me."

"I don't think I should." Thor frowned.
"It's not my place."

"Thor?" I looked at him.
"What is it?"

"Loki forgive me..." Thor sighed, before looking at me.
"My father recently revealed that my brother was adopted. He turned on you for being half Jotun, but Loki isn't Loki Odinson." I looked at him in confusion.
"He is Loki Laufeyson."

"Laufeyson?" I repeated, my blood boiling.
"As in Laufey, king of Jotunheim?"

"Yes, but he didn't find out until recently." Thor defended, seeing my angered expression.
"Our parents hid it from him. He didn't know."

"Goodnight, Thor." I muttered, walking inside, trying to calm myself down before I did something reckless.

"My lady-" Thor sighed heavily.
"Goodnight."