38 - Let Him Go, Kenn

"Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland

"Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland." Sarah said as we pulled up to a beat up trailer park. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, it was like JJ had just snapped.

"I don't know about this, man." Pope muttered.

"Dude, why are we at Barry's?" John B questioned as JJ parked the van and opened the door.

"This'll only take a second." He said as he got out of the van and headed towards the trailer.

"Where are you going?" John B called out.

"Yo soy justicia." He explained, not bearing us a second glance as he walked into the trailer.

"Did you glean anything from that?" Pope asked, just about as confused as the rest of us. "You know somebody should probably..."

"Yeah, we got it." I sighed before climbing out of the van as John B did the same. As we walked up to the trailer door, we were welcomed to JJ rummaging through the place. "I know you got a stash around here somewhere."

"Yeah, so what's your plan, slick?" John B questioned him.

"Well, as thou hath stealeth from us, we shall stealeth from ye." I looked over at John B to see if he understood anything JJ had said but he was just as lost as I was.

"That kind of got lost in translation."

"An eye for an eye." JJ explained in simpler terms.

"Yeah, that's great, JJ. But what happens after you rob a drug dealer, huh?" John B stepped in front of him.

"JJ, he knows who we are!" I added, trying to defend John B.

"I'm not scared of this guy." JJ pushed through the both of us and made his way into the bedroom.

"JJ, don't." I sighed and followed him into the other room.

"There we go." JJ smiled as he pulled out a duffel bag from the closet. He flipped the bag upside down and I gasped as wads of cash that fell onto the bed. That was a lot of money.

"What are you doing?" John B called out from the kitchen.

"Getting even!" JJ quickly stuffed all of the money back in the duffel bag before walking out back into the kitchen. "All right, took care of business."

John B stepped in front of JJ, stopping him from walking outside. "Hey, look at me. If you keep going down this road, you're gonna end up just like your dad, do-"

I flinched as JJ grabbed a hold of the collar of John B's shirt. "You watch your mouth, man. Aren't you tired of being messed with?"

"That's not the point, JJ." He snapped.

"Cause I am." JJ let go of John B's shirt before pushing past him and out the door. "All right, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit. Sorry about that, y'all."