27 - Rose! You Look Like Lady Liberty

JJ POVI wasn't expecting to see Kennedy but I was glad I did, ever since the arrest I couldn't get her out of my head and all I wanted to do is be with her but I knew right now wasn't the right time

JJ POV
I wasn't expecting to see Kennedy but I was glad I did, ever since the arrest I couldn't get her out of my head and all I wanted to do is be with her but I knew right now wasn't the right time. Plus what would John B think if he found out?

"I'm wondering if you could get me a mai tai, my friend." I heard a voice in front of me and looked up to see Rafe and Kelce blocking my way. Shit.

"Pogue, how about you make that two?" Kelce added as Rafe grabbed my by the shoulders keeping me from running away. This isn't looking good for me.

"I'm on the clock right now. You guys look spiffy." I rambled trying to find a way out of this. "You know, uh, I got a couple of orders ahead of you, so why don't you guys just go ahead and wait by the bar? Help yourselves to hors d'oeuvres."

"Oh, yeah. Guys, JJ's gonna serve us some hors d'oeuvres. Right?" Rafe said as he motioned for a couple other guys I didn't recognize but clearly were Kooks.

"Well, here are the hors d'oeuvres. I'll be right back, okay?" I explained as I slowly inched towards the door but they all continued to follow behind.

"We're actually gonna follow you in here just to make sure..." Rafe insisted as I opened the door before trying to close the door on them and sprinting.

I ran through the halls trying to avoid the chairs and tables, even pushing a few behind me to slow them down but they were right on my trail. I had no idea where I was going but I still ran as fast as I could to find a decent hiding space for the time being.

"Hey, JJ! Come on, bud!" Rafe called out from behind me as I dodged two people at the very last moment.

I eventually found the bathroom before barging past the door and began banging on all the stall doors. Just my luck they were all taken.

I made my way into the locker room to see Rafe and Kelce along with their friends waiting for me. "Hey, man, what are you doin' in the locker room?"

I tried to run the way I came from but one of their friends shoved me back and right into Rafe who dragged me towards the lockers.

"Nice outfit." I said, trying to distract them but none of them seemed to enjoy my humor.

I was caught off guard as Kelce grabbed me from behind and held me in a choke lock but I couldn't seem to get loose no matter how hard I thrashed.

"Hold him still. What do you think? A four iron, right?" Rafe joked to himself as he cracked his knuckles. "Keep his head still. I'm gonna line this up."

"Very Rafe of you. Five on one?" I spat, still fighting Kelce for him to let go of my neck.

"If you could please stop talking? It's very disrespectful. I'm trying to hit a ball. Learn your etiquette, my friend." Rafe smirked before taking a step closer.

"Your face looks really bad. Starting to look like your dad a lot more." Rafe said but before he could get another word out I spat in his face. That little bastard.

"Oh shit, all right. It was-" Rafe started but was cut off by someone opening the door to the locker room and Kelce shoved me off to the side.

"Gentlemen! Is there a problem?" The security guard asked as I was finally able to catch my breath.

"Pardon me, officer. No, there's not an issue. I just... Actually, yes. No, there is an issue. Uh, we got a criminal trespass in progress here. Beep! Call it in, right?"

If my plan was going as I thought it would, I will be getting escorted off of the property in a matter of minutes. "Blatant disrespect for private property. Yeah. I'm in violation of all kinds of shit, sir, but these young gentlemen..."

"Don't touch my shit." Kelce snapped at me as I tried straightening up his bow tie.

"Uh, caught me, sir, and they're about to take me away. And that's what you should do,escort me out of here. You got me." I explained holding my wrists out.

"Come on." He sighed, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the door. "All right. Fix that tie, son. You're lookin' spiffy, too. You Powerpuff Girls have fun."

"Tell Kennedy she looks pretty hot for a Pogue. I can see why she would choose Marco over you." Rafe called out to me before I freed myself from the security guard's grasp and began charging at him but the guard quickly pulled me back.

"Hey, safe travels back to the cut. Hey, hey, it was really nice seeing you again, JJ!" Rafe called out once more as I was pushed out of the room.

What the hell did he mean by Kenz choosing Marco? He was nothing more than another spoiled Kook who couldn't stay on his side of the island. Last I heard of him he was out of the country and out of her life. It was better that way.

"Look... look, man, I can walk myself. I got legs. Can you see that, brother?" I said pulling my arm away once more as we made it back outside. "Come on. I really appreciate what you did back there. Let me just walk out by myself."

"Mr. Dunleavy, I see you got your drink. Good, that's really nice of you. I'm actually gonna down that." I said, taking the glass from his hands and drinking it all.

"Aah! Whoo! I really appreciate the discretion, Daryl, you know?" I continued rambling on as we made it down to the lawn. "It's okay, everybody! Do not panic. Leave it to the men and women in uniform. Let's hear it for them."

"Rose! You look like Lady Liberty. It's good to see you again." I said before being grabbed by a different security guard. "Hey, buddy, can I have one of those?"

"Let go of him! You can't boot him!" I heard someone behind me shouting and the guard turned me around to see that it was Kie standing at the steps.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" The security guard questioned her.

This was the first time I was able to get a good look of my surroundings since I walked out and off to the side saw Kenz standing with none other than Marco. Since when was he back?

"I invited him here." Kie shouted which snapped me back to the situation at hand.

"Kiara, stop it." I heard her dad tell her but Kie never backs down.

"I'm a member of this club." She argued before I shoved the guard off of me.

"Sorry about that. Hey, mandatory power hour at Rixon's Kie. Kenz, you as well, all right? Rixon's Cove. Let's roll. Workers of the world unite. Throw off your chains!"

I watched Kenz say something to Marco and kissed him on the cheek before running down the stairs and straight into my arms. I spun her around before setting her down and we all began darting across the lawn into the woods. "Whoo-hoo!"

I cheered along with John B as we ran but I couldn't help but feel hurt. Why did Kennedy kiss Marco on the cheek? What was going on between them?

~~~

I tried to shake it up again with a JJ POV, hopefully you all enjoyed it! Should I try to do more chapters in his perspective?

As always, thank you for all your support and I'll by working to get the next chapter up as soon as possible.