29 - Hawks Nest

"So, you and Sarah?" I questioned as John B and I walked ahead of the others through the woods, heading to the van

A few seconds of silence went by before he spoke. "Please don't be mad, it's not like I meant to fall for her it's just..."

I laughed to myself while John B looked confused. "Unlike Kie, I have nothing against Sarah and actually kinda like her. Just don't tell Kie I said that."

"Don't worry, your secret's safe with me." He said slightly nudging me. "But to answer your question, yeah, it just kinda happened."

"Aww, is my brother in love?" I teased, stretching out the word love and pouting my lip.

"I hate you sometimes." John B rolled his eyes.

"I'm serious though, I'm happy that you found someone." I said nudging him back.

It was about time John B found somebody and I was happy it was with someone that I didn't hate the guts of, and while Sarah was a Kook, that didn't matter to me.

"Thanks Kenn, that means a lot." John B said, giving me a side hug. "Now as your big brother I have to ask, what's going on with Rivera?"

"Marco?" I asked confused and he nodded. "No, no, no. There's nothing going on between us, you know we're just friends."

"Eh, I don't know about that. By the looks of it tonight, I would have to say that you two looked pretty close." John B teased. Payback's a bitch I guess.

"Keep talking and I will punch you." I threatened as the van was now in sight.

"Fine, but just remember when you get into a relationship I'm not leaving you alone."

"Whatever you say bird shit." I shouted before opening the van door and jumping in. Little did he know the one I wanted to be with was his best friend.

~~~

After a tension filled but uneventful ride, we finally made it to the Hawks Nest. For those who don't know, the Hawks Nest is basically a sketchy ass tower that people tend to go to hang out at. Me being slightly terrified of heights, refused to go here until today.

"All right." John B said as the van pulled to a stop and turned around in the front seat to face the rest of us in the back.

"Hit it, boys! We're goin'. Recon mission." JJ shouted to no one in particular while Pope opened up the door to the van.

"Yo, uh, so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself...tonight." John B started to say but ended off in a mutter as Kie intesnisly glared at him. "Really?"

"I don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery." He defended himself. I for one don't mind Sarah tagging along but John B going alone, what ever happened to not splitting up? Has he not seen every horror movie ever?