06 - The Kegger

I rolled my eyes while I watched JJ set up the Keg and started spraying my brother in face with beer

I rolled my eyes while I watched JJ set up the Keg and started spraying my brother in face with beer. I sat on a nearby hammock that I strung up between two large trees and continued to read my book. People wouldn't start showing up at the beach for another couple hours so I decided to kill the time reading.

"Here you go my lady." I looked up from my book to see JJ leaning on a tree and holding out a solo cup for me to grab.

I shut my book and grabbed the cup out of his hands, taking a quick sip and placing it down on the ground. "My knight in shining armor."

"What do we have here?" JJ said, grabbing the book from my lap and began to flip through the pages.

"Give it back JJ." I huffed as I tried to reach for the book but JJ just took a step back.

"Fine. Scoot over." JJ ordered as he handed the book back to me and took a seat on my hammock next to me. "I'll keep you company until people start showing up." JJ put his arm around me while I layed on his chest watching the sun slowly start to go down.

~~~

All right, you can't understand the Outer Banks without understanding the boneyard. My brother likes to compare it to a three-layer burrito. There's us and our friends, the working-class derelicts from the Cut.

Then, there are the Kooks, the rich second-homers. They're mostly from poncey-ass boarding schools, just rich trustafarian posers. Our supposed natural enemies.

And then, there are the Tourons. Totally clueless. Here for a week on vacation with their families. Chum for the sharks.

"JJ, be careful! I'm not dragging your drunk ass home when you fall." I shouted out to JJ as he climbed onto a huge rock and started singing. "We are family!"

"Get down JJ!" I laughed before he jumped down.

"I'm going to go get another beer!" JJ kissed me on the check and ran off towards the keg.

I made my way over to my brother who was standing over a fallen down tree branch and leaning his arms on top of it. "What is she doing here?" I turned my head around to see Kiara and turned back to follow her gaze to Sarah Cameron.

Sara Cameron, Kook princess, Kiara's best friend in the ninth grade other than myself, worst enemy in the tenth grade. She's also Topper's girlfriend, I don't really know much about her other than that. We don't talk that much, but she's been nothing but nice to me, plus she got my brother a job on her father's boat.

I rolled my eyes as John B and Kie began to bicker over Sarah and I made my way over to back to my hammock for some peace and quiet, or as much as I could get.

~~~

I groaned as I stood up from my hammock and began to walk over to the keg for another drink. This would've been my fourth beer already tonight, like I've mentioned before I was never much of a drinker but on certain nights like this I let myself loose. Pope refilled my drink and I sent a small smile and thanked him before walking away. I was about to take a sip of my drink before I was knocked to the ground and my drink fell beside me.