32 - Both

I rested my head on the arm of the loveseat with my legs propped up in JJ's lap as we waited for John B to return, however long that would be

I rested my head on the arm of the loveseat with my legs propped up in JJ's lap as we waited for John B to return, however long that would be. It was almost an hour since he left, giving us no information on what he was doing or when he was coming back.

"No effing way!" Kie yelled. "You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?"

I lifted my head up too see not only John B but Sarah Cameron on his arm. John B looked over to JJ and I for help but I only shrugged, I've learned my lesson to stay out of his drama.

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share." JJ said, letting go of my shoelace he was playing with so that he could point at John B.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote." Kie continued to yell, making sure to glare at Sarah every chance she got. "This is our thing. A Pogue thing."

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable. with all of this." Pope interrupted, causing everyone to look in his direction.

"Thank you!"

"When are you not?" John B questioned.

"I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably." Pope said looking down at JJ and I.

"It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him." JJ nodded as I stifled a laugh.

"That's cute, guys, really." I said, receiving glares from the two.

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her!" Kie shouted, snapping us all back to the conversation at hand.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah yelled, speaking out for the first time since she got here.

"Then leave." Kie suggested.

"I told you." Sarah scoffed and looked back to John B.

"Told him what, exactly?" Kie paused to glare at her once more. "That you're a liar?"

"No, that you're a shit-talking bitch." It would be an understatement to say that my mouth dropped, Sarah didn't strike me as one to lash out like that.

"When have I lied?"

"My money's on Kie." JJ muttered, grabbing out a five from his wallet.

"You're really betting right now?" I snapped, snatching the money from his hand.

"Yes, now get your own money." JJ smirked, grabbing a hold of my wrist and prying the money out of my hand before handing it to Pope.

"You get somebody close to you—for like a month." Kie started but Sarah cut her off by talking over her.

"I didn't lie about shit."

"Everybody shut up!" John B shouted, causing all of us to stop talking and stare at him. "Kie, you are my best friend, right? And Sarah, you're...you're my..."

"Say it." Sarah smiled at John B.

"You're my girlfriend." John B admitted as all of our eyes went wide and I shared an amused look with JJ.

"Ohh... that's new."

"She's your girlfriend now?" Kie questioned amused. "What was all that talk about you just using her for information? Get a map, cut her loose."

"You said you were using me?" Sarah asked, clearly hurt.

"No." John B said but even I knew that he was lying.

"Yeah, you did." Pope cut in.

"You said those things." JJ nodded in agreement.

"Look, love just walked in, okay?" John B tried to explain but Kie wasn't having any of it.

"Oh, vomit."

"I didn't expect it. It just-it kind of happened. And I'm not gonna deny it. Right?" He said turning to Sarah and I could see his eyes soften. He was truly in love.

"Oh! That's corny." Pope gagged.

"Look, cut the bullshit, John B. If she's in, I'm out." Kie crossed her arms, leaning against the railing.

"I'm not doing this. I can't!" John B shouted at her.

"You are gonna decide." Kie shouted back at him. "I'm very interested, actually. Me or her?"

"Both." He said calmly before Kie stormed out of the Châtaeu.

"Went for the Hail Mary." JJ whistled after an uncomfortable silence.

"It'll be cool, right? I'm gonna leave." Sarah got up from the couch and walked off, ignoring John B's pleads. "Gonna let y'all chat. Let me know."

"I'd just like to say, you handled that beautifully." JJ said standing up and clasping his hands together before making his way into the house.

~~~

"Come on Kenn, can't you help me out?" John B begged as I sat on one of the kitchen counters along with JJ who stood next to me.

"No, as thankful as I am of Sarah's help, Kie's my best friend, I can't do that to her." I was not about to lose one of the most important people in my life to defend someone who I honestly didn't know that well. Losing Kie wasn't worth it.

The sound of the screen door rattling caught our attention as Pope walked in. "What'd she say?" John B asked almost immediately.

"That you're an idiot." Pope rolled his eyes before catching a water bottle that John B had thrown at him.

"It's a no-brainer. You're picking Kie." JJ said as he went through the fridge before finally deciding on a beer.

"Look, I can't make a decision." John B shrugged it off and I gave him a serious look.

"You can't or you don't want to."

"So what? We're just dead in the water because you're pussy-whipped?" JJ said, closing the door to the fridge. "We can't do this without Kie, and you know it."

"And I can't do it without Sarah. Okay? They both have to be in on it." John B insisted as Pope rolled his eyes.

"Well, good luck with that."

"You know what? I know this was my fault, all right?" John B admitted as he hopped off the counter. "But it's our problem. I've got a plan. And you two shitheads, plus Kenn." He said, pointing at me. "Are gonna help me out."

~~~

I'm sorry for such a delay in posting this chapter but I was finally able to get it done and posted.

As always, thank you for being so patient in my posting schedule, I know it may not be the best but I try to stay as consistent as possible.