14 - For Bird And Bear

I shone my flashlight through a hidden crack in the wall and pulled out a white package envelope

I shone my flashlight through a hidden crack in the wall and pulled out a white package envelope. On the front, the words for Bird and Bear were written in black lettering, those were the nicknames our dad gave us when we were kids.

"That's not gold." Pope muttered as I walked over to the door and handed the package in between the opening to John B.

As John B inspected the package, I lifted myself up and squeezed my legs through the tiny hole while JJ stood under me. "Jump down, I'll catch you."

"Holy shit." My brother whispered as I jumped down from the door and JJ caught me, putting his hands around my waist and gently placing me down. "This is from our dad."

The sound of a vehicle approaching caught mine and JJ's attention and I looked up to see a van driving our way. "Code red. Code red. Square Groupers! Square Groupers!"

"It's the guys who robbed your house." JJ said as we ran to hide behind the tomb and out of sight. I took a quick peek around the tomb to see the car come to a stop.

"Lights! Turn your lights off!" Kie told us as I shut mine off but John B put us up his shirt, clearly struggling to turn it off.

"John B! Turn it off, don't stick it up your shirt!" I hissed at him, the lantern still glowing from under his shirt. Did he really think that would help?

"Do you think it's them?" Kie questioned while I peered over JJ's shoulder but couldn't see much due to how dark it was. "I can't see anything."

"Homies got a gun." JJ said as a figure stepped out of the car with a flashlight. I rolled my eyes and gave JJ a skeptical look. "JJ it's pitch dark, how can you-"

"Screw this." Kie mumbled and took off running. The others took off after her and I cursed to myself before following them.

"Hey!" The man yelled at us which made me run even faster in order to catch up while JJ slowed down to grab my hand. "Stop right there!" We all ran through the cemetery until we got to a large metal gateway that was surrounded by brick walls.

"Let's go. Hurry up." JJ rushed us as Pope attempted to climb over the gate but instead got stuck by his shorts. "Guys! Guys! I'm stuck!"

"I got you." Kie rushed over to Pope and tried to help him while JJ reached into his pockets and grabbed his gun, pointing it at Pope. "Pope, don't move, okay?"

"What the hell are you doing! Put the gun away!" I yelled at JJ and wrestled the gun away from him and smacked his on the head.

"Wait. You're gonna rip me." Pope freaked out as Kie began pulling on his arm in order to get him down. "You're fine, hurry up."

"No, no, wait, stop-" Pope pleaded before his shorts ripped and he landed on the ground next to Kie which made her stumble. "Nice! Come on, dude." JJ laughed as the rest of us joined in and began running to the van, Pope trailing the rest of us.