31 - The Crain House

"Look, you guys know whose house this is, right?" Kie questioned as we walked through the garden

"Look, you guys know whose house this is, right?" Kie questioned as we walked through the garden. Everything was grown out and looked untouched for months.

"Oh, yeah. No, I do." JJ replied from behind me.

"Honestly, I don't really believe the stories of this place." John B admitted a bit too loudly as we neared an opening.

"Which stories did you hear?" JJ asked, speeding up to match Kie and I's pace.

"The one where she killed her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since. On certain nights, when the moon is full you can see her in the window." Kie waved her hands around in JJ's face trying to scare him.

"No, it's not funny, because it's all true. I swear to God, guys, this is all real. I knew Hollis. Jeez!" JJ jumped at the sight of a statue and clinged onto my arm tightly. I looked down at my arm as he started to blush and quickly let go.

"Wait, you knew Hollis Crain?" Pope asked, skeptical. Never had JJ once mentioned he knew Hollis Crain.

"Yeah, dude." He nodded.

"How do you know Hollis Crain?" I questioned, raising my brow at him.

"She was my babysitter, man. She told me all about it. Told me the truth about her mother and what happened in this house." JJ admitted as he looked up at the house.

"So as a kid, she heard all the stories that her mother killed her father, and she was a murderer and all. Hollis didn't believe it. Until that night."

"What night?" John B asked.

"It all came back to her." JJ said looking back at the statue before continuing. "When Hollis was six, she heard her parents arguing downstairs. So she goes downstairs to see her mom washing her hands in a sink...full of blood."

JJ took a step closer to John B and stared right at him. "Her mother just says that she cut her finger. The next morning, she says her father and her split up. But then, Hollis noticed something. Her mother goes into the parlor constantly, in and out and in and out with plastic bags. Weeks pass, and Hollis decides to use the outhouse. And as she's using it, she looks down, and there, in the outhouse, is her father's head, looking straight back at her."

"God, you are so full of shit." John B sighed, throwing his head back. 

"Dude, I swear to God, man." JJ argued as John B pushed past him.

"Did she call the police?" Pope asked, clearly invested in the story.

"She didn't have time. Wait! Hold on dude!" JJ reached out to stop John B from waking any further.

"What?" John B answered pissed off. 

"You sure you wanna do this? She's an axe murderer. You got a cast on." I said, motioning down to John B's cast.