04 - Motel Or Meth Lab

Pope tied up the boat when we made it to the docks and walked into the coastal office, which was very busy due to the hurricane

Pope tied up the boat when we made it to the docks and walked into the coastal office, which was very busy due to the hurricane. John B and I went around the desk and tried to get the guards attention. "Excuse me!"

"Hey, man, we-we found a boat." JJ tried explaining from the other side of the desk but wasn't heard due to all the commotion.

"You're gonna wanna year this." John B tried again, starting to get a bit irritated.

"Hey! Calm down!" The coastal guard shouted at John B, putting his hand up to shut him up before turning back to the women he was talking to.

JJ sighed and motioned for us to follow him outside of the building. "Well that went well." Pope muttered when we made it outside.

"So what's the plan?" JJ asked, resting his arm on my head.

John B waved the motel key up in the air. "I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat." That's not going to get us killed.

"We don't know whose room that is. It could be anyone." Pope argued, not wanting to get in trouble.

JJ ignored Pope and grabbed the key out of John B's hand. "I'm in."

"Come on. I'll be the lookout." Kie assured him as she caught the key which JJ had thrown to her. "Finders fee. Just saying." John B added, patting his shoulder before he made his way back to the boat. "And hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice."

"Man." Pope sighed before following John B back to the boat. "Come on, Bubba." John B joked, getting into the boat.

~~~

"I thought the Château looked bad." JJ whistled as they neared the Motel. Bad was an understatement, it looked like nobody had been there in a long time. Debris and leftover furniture was laying all over the place, making it seem like it was abandoned.

"This place is a shitshow." My brother added from the captain's chair, driving the boat closer to the land.

I scuffed to myself as I stood up from the front of the boat ready to jump off. "Motel or meth lab?"

"You be the judge." Pope responded, shocked like the rest of us how torn up the motel was.

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grandy-White stays." John B admitted, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

Pope laughed. "No. Looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed."

"All right, here we go. This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue Comin' for landing." JJ said, jumping onto the grass when the boat reached the motel.

"Are we good?" John B questioned as JJ tied the boat up so it wouldn't float away. "Yeah we're good." JJ responded.

"All right. Here goes nothing." My brother said, hopping off of the boat after JJ and landing onto the grass. "You coming Kenn?"