listening to music shouldn't be so stressing [Frank]

"Flight 0349 to New Jersey boarding now," the speaker right over my head announced, making me flinch so violently that I fell out of my seat and on the ground.

Ouch. But at least it was finally my flight and I could fall right back asleep as soon as I would be sitting. I took my luggage and made my way over there.

On the plane, I immediately got my headphones back out and put them in my ears, drowning out my surroundings. Out of the corner of my eye I saw that another person took the seat next to me but I was too tired for small talk and acted like I was sleeping.

I turned up my music even further and drifted away, curled up in the seat.

Not more than twenty minutes later, I was woken up by someone gently shaking my shoulder. I rubbed my eyes and stared at the person who woke me up grumpily and ripped out my headphones. "Hm?"

The man next to me giggled at my obvious annoyance and pointed at the waiting flight attendant. "They asked whether we wanted something and I figured you maybe would like to be informed."

"Oh, thanks but no," I gave them a polite smile as they nodded and walked over to the next person behind me.

Then, I took a closer look at the man next to me. Something about him seemed familiar. He was fairly short, had tattoos on nearly every part of skin that was exposed and that was hard, given that he was wearing a comfortable hoodie and sweat pants. Damn, he really looked familiar but I couldn't think for the life of me where I knew him from.

So I shrugged it off and gave him a little smile as I noticed that he was looking at me as well. And then, I saw that he was looking down at my tangled headphones that currently were wrapped around my fingers. Fuck, they were loud enough that you could hear the song blaring.

And he grinned at me cheekily. "Mind if I listen with you?"

What? "Uh, sure. I guess I should introduce myself then. I'm Y/N." Yeah, that was my perfectly logical thought process if someone wanted to listen to my music.

He took the extended headphone and popped it in his ear, grinning even brighter as he recognised the song.

It was currently The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You and we both nodded our head along to it.

"Nice, I'm Frank," Frank introduced himself and then leaned his head back.

I hummed instead of actually formulating words and then let the music engulf me.

Only to shoot up like something had bitten me in the back right as the song changed. Oh fuck.

Frank started to laugh loudly (and immediately got quiet again because you know we were on a plane) at my facial expression.

Did I just made Frank Iero listen to his own music together with me? And did he accept? Fuck fuck fuck.

And because I was such a rational person who hadn't slept in the last twenty four hours for more than twenty minutes my reaction was perfectly normal. "Are you kidding me right now?"

"Your music taste is pretty rad," Frank said, still stifling giggles.

I stared at him, not able to form words. And as I was again, the words that came out were accompanied by a groan as I rubbed my forehead. "God, I hate you."

"Your music taste begs to differ." To prove his point, he held up that stupid little headphone and let it dangle in my face.

"Would you mind? I need to go just for a second." And then I nearly sprinted to the toilets after squeezing past him and through the rows.