flowers for my boy[Gerard]

Gerard's P.O.V.

"Honey, I'm home!" I shouted into the room, letting go of the bags, I had been carrying. As I didn't receive an answer I wondered whether my girlfriend heard me and went into our apartment properly. I looked in every room but still couldn't find her, furrowing my eyebrows at that.  She had told me that she didn't have any plans for today. Originally, I planned on surprising my girlfriend by being home early from tour and took an earlier flight than I told her I would get. And now she wasn't even home.

Slightly disappointed, I ignored my stuff in the hallway for now and went back to the kitchen, fairly hungry from the long travel. I simply made myself a sandwich and went back in the living room to sit down and maybe text Y/N to see where she went. I could have sworn that she complained earlier to me about not knowing what to do with the time until she could get me from the Airport.

Your P.O.V.

I was out for some shopping. Partly  because I didn't know what else to do and partly because I planned on surprising Gee with something cute because first he told me some time ago his last girlfriend didn't really do this shit (who wouldn't want to spoil him?!) and second, he was my boyfriend so why shouldn't I and who could stop me? I haven't seen him in so long and to do something small for Gerard as welcome back home.

Deciding that sweets would be a good idea, I entered the bakery to buy his favourite cupcakes with chocolate and strawberries. The sales assistant gave me a strange look as I ordered not one but four cupcakes but handed them over anyway. I rolled my eyes at these antics while I payed and walked out fastly. That was the last time I went to this bakery.

On the way home, I let my eyes wander around on the different shops and noticed a cute flower shop. Maybe some flowers wouldn't hurt, I told myself and went in.

"Hello, can I help you sweetheart?" Right as I walked through the door a kind looking old lady asked me.

I turned to her, smiling brightly, happy to meet someone more friendly than the baker. "Yes, I'd like a bouquet for my boyfriend," I answered friendly.

"Oh, that's sweet! What kind of flowers does he like then?"

Thinking about that, I played with a strand of my hair and accidentally wrapped it around my finger a little too tight. Ouch. "I think he mentioned he likes tulips? Can you do something with that maybe?" I asked, looking at the lady hopefully.

She smiled confidently and nodded satisfied with my request. "Of course honey. Wait a minute, I'll put something together and you tell me if you like it okay?"

"That would be great, thank you!"  

While I was waiting, I put out my phone and saw that I got a text from my boyfriend two minutes ago.

Hey sugar, what're you doing?

I grinned. Gerard was probably bored to death right now on the plane. Looking forward to finally seeing him tonight, I texted him back.

Just doing some shopping. Try to sleep a bit on the plane, you know how exhausted you usually are after a long flight

Will do sugar😘

Sweet dreams Gee♥️

"Do you think this would be good?" The woman pulled me out of my thoughts, extending a beautiful bouquet to me.

I studied it in awe. "It looks gorgeous, thank you so much!" I had to stop myself from hugging the kind lady because it was so beautiful and I was pretty giddy at the moment.

After paying for it, the lady shooed me out of her shop and told me: "Go give it to your boyfriend, he'll like it and be happy to have such a sweet girlfriend."

Lightly blushing at the compliment, I made my way home faster than usual, as I grew impatient for the evening and to see Gerard.

The cupcakes safely in a back under my arm and the bouquet carefully wrapped up in one hand I entered the living room and was surprised by the sight of a sleeping Gerard on the sofa. Internally jumping with happiness, I tiptoed into the kitchen to not wake him up just now.

But it was useless because he had only been dowsing and woke up at me opening the kitchen door with my elbow. So Gerard got up and followed me. Without me noticing of course.

Just as I put the cupcakes down, two arms snaked around my waist and a head was placed on my shoulder.

"Hey sugar," Gerard whispered at the skin of my neck, making me shiver.

I turned around and smiled softly. "Welcome home baby."

Then, I extended the flowers to him.

First, Gee looked at them questioningly then at his girlfriend, small hope in his eyes. "For me?"

I giggled and rolled my eyes playfully.

"Of course"

And suddenly I saw tears welling up in Gerard's eyes. Immediately the playful expression on my face fell and was replaced by a worried one.

"Gee? Is something wrong?" I raised my other hand and placed it on his cheek, stroking it gently.

Gerard only smiled at me reassuringly and nuzzled his face deeper into my touch as he sniffled.

"No, it's a really sweet gesture and I'm tired and haven't seen you in so long. I guess I'm a bit emotional right now," Gerard tried to explain and took the flowers, chuckling in disbelief. "They're beautiful, thank you, sugar."

I smiled happily at his beaming expression. Clearly, he never got flowers before and I definitely planned on changing that if his reaction was always this cute.

"Can I get a kiss baby?" I asked sweetly, looking up at my boyfriend who was still fixated on the bouquet in his hand.

He grinned and leaned down wordlessly, pressing his lips against mine. It was just a short kiss but I could feel the love in it nonetheless. I only now noticed just how much I truly had missed Gerard.

After he broke away he looked over my shoulder and saw the cupcakes. "You brought me my favourite cupcakes, too?" Gerard asked, looking like a child on Christmas.

"Yup"

Internally, I gave myself a pat on the back for making him this happy by only small gestures. On the other hand it was pretty sad that he obviously never was treated with that much of love but now I was there to do that. And I would.

"Sugar you're too good to me," Gee said, still a giant smile on his face.

"I'm not. I love you"

"I love you too. Sofa and cuddles?" He proposed, the plate with the cupcakes in hand after putting the flowers in a vase.

I nodded enthusiastically and followed him. We sat down, both reaching for the cupcakes and snuggling together under a blanket, catching up what happened in our lives, about what we didn't already talked on the phone. In the end we slept on the couch, too tired to move to the way more comfortable bed, but content to be in the arms of the other again. It had been a long tour, was the last thought I had before I fell asleep completely.

---

I don't really like how this turned out but loved the idea so sorry if it felt a bit off.

Love you💜