rude boyfriend theft [Gerard]

My nap stopped abruptly due to me freezing to death. Absolutely not ideal. Especially when I noticed that the reason for the wintery conditions of my bed were thanks to my boyfriend's absence. Who had been there when I had fallen asleep, nose buried in the latest batman comic.

But now, the space next to me was empty and just as cold as my body. I was sure that the tips of my fingers were turned blue already. Grumpily, I clambered out of my bed and tried not to fall right over again. The blanket got pulled with me, snuck around my shoulders like a cape.

In this appropriate attire, I exited my room on my hunt for Gerard. Shivering all over I might add. And maybe a little disoriented still from the nap. My mind was foggy and really all it wanted was Gerard's arms back around my waist while he was humming me back to sleep. Ugh, I needed to find him like yesterday.

My sleep deprived brain was also the reason that I checked the kitchen first and not my own brother's room. There I found them, Frank laughing his ass off at something an incredibly pleased looking Gerard must have told him only seconds earlier. He was sitting on the ground next to the bed, the comic lying next to his legs that were crossed and he was showing my brother something on his phone. Frank was sprawled out on the bed with his head resting on his arms as he tried desperately to hold himself up.

Gerard's relaxed smile and the proud little tilt of his head did things to my stomach and my cheeks that made me almost forget that I was mad at him for abandoning me. Almost. So I let my head drop against the doorframe I was leaning in and put on my best pout. "You stole my boyfriend!"

"You stole my favourite flannel," Frank countered without a beat, "besides, he's my best friend so shut up."

While my brother wasn't surprised by my presence, Gerard jumped a little at my voice. At least he had the decency to look slightly guilty. Suited him right for leaving me all alone and freezing in my room.

"That's not-" a yawn interrupted me, "-the same! And I know him longer anyway, you're friends with Mikey."

"Where did Gee go, huh? My room, so you're out bud."

By now, Frank was grinning at me with that glint in his eyes that never failed to infuriate me. No sleep, no boyfriend and an asshole brother were a terrible mix for me.

Luckily, Gerard seemed to notice too that I was getting legitimately worked up and jumped to his feet. Maybe just to save Frank from getting cut to pieces by my nails but I took what I could get. Which was Gerard's arms around my waist with his thumbs drawing soothing circles on my hipbones.

Immediately, the tension melted from my body and I let myself fall against my taller boyfriend's frame. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around Gerard's shoulders, pulling the blanket around his shoulders too. My face was buried in his neck. "Why weren't you with me?"

"Sorry Sugar," Gerard said and kissed the top of my head (Frank was making gagging noises in the background but I chose to ignore him like the mature person I was), "I thought you were asleep and Frank wouldn't stop until I went with him."

Yup, that sounded like Frank. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the satisfied grin that had to be on my brother's face right now. So I did what I knew would annoy him most. I completely ignored him and -without further explanation for either of them- pulled a confused Gerard with me back into my room.

As the door closed behind me, Gerard spoke up, voice laced with amusement. "What was that Sugar?"

I shrugged and kept tugging at his hand until we were on my bed. "Wanted to have you alone. I'm cold."

Happy with my destination, I looked at my boyfriend expectantly. With an exasperated smile, he did what I wanted and sat against the headboard, arms opened invitingly. I moved up there too and cuddled up into his side, my head on his shoulder and my left arm over his stomach.

"Better now?" Gerard asked, the grin clear in the words.

I knew that he found it thoroughly enjoying how I pushed him around until I was comfortable. Once, he had compared me to a cat doing this as I nudged my preferred resting place including the people around it until I was satisfied. Gerard said it was cute although I wasn't really sure about that. Didn't stop me from doing it. So I nodded and tugged myself closer to him. "Very much so. What did Frankie want anyway?"

At that, Gerard let out an unexpected laugh. "Oh, nothing. He wanted to see how long it would take for you to notice that I was missing."

"And?" Now I was curious too. Had I lasted long without him? I considered myself a heavy sleeper, more with Gerard around as he made me feel safe.

My boyfriend laughed again and then rested his head on top of mine, his hand catching mine simultaneously to play with my fingers. "You didn't even last ten minutes. We counted."

So that was what they had been why Gerard had been looking so satisfied and Frank had been in stitches over. I felt myself blushing and was never more happy about the fact that Gerard couldn't see my face right now. I was the clingy one in the relationship. Damn.

"I like to have you next to me, okay?" I was getting defensive, I knew it but I couldn't do much about it.

But Gerard was a good boyfriend and realized immediately what my problem was. He weaved his fingers through mine and drew me closer with his other arm before I could even think of pulling away. "Me too, Y/N. Don't get mad, no one is judging you here. Frank may tease you but I think it's cute that my absence woke you up so fast."

"I won't hear the end of that," I grumbled, already imagining the comments that were to come. Oh Lord. I needed to get some embarrassing stories out of Jamia to stop him.

We fell into a relatively peaceful silence after that, me imagining all the things I could get out of Frank's girlfriend if I asked the right questions (Jamia would share the stories probably with way too much excitement anyway) and Gerard just playing with my hand in his lap.

Until Frank barged into the room, his laptop under his arm. "We're watching Evil Dead, lovebirds."

"Get out," I complained and kicked at him where he was sitting the foot of the bed.

Frank -unfazed by my halfhearted attack to get rid of him- opened his laptop, the movie already pulled up and climbed up to my other side. He shoved me until I made room for him and then let the laptop fall onto my thighs.

Gerard just watched us and I could feel him shaking at the effort of not bursting out into laughter. He didn't seem to mind Frank at the moment or the movie that was forced upon us so I accepted my fate and pressed play.

---

Heyyy,
I'm not dead! Surprise!

Holy shit, 12k??? Thank you so much!!

But I'm still not at the height of productivity so I wanted to ask for some requests. Please just message me if you have one or just comment it, I'd die for any ideas.

Love you guys and stay safe💜