boycott love [Gerard]

"And now let's welcome the most theatrical band we ever had here! My Chemical Romance!"

The voice of the interviewer was far too chipper as the guys waved into the camera uncomfortably. I was tempted to throw a pillow at the little TV. But then it would inevitably fall over and I would have to deal with five grumpy, sweaty men. So I kept the pillow where it was tucked between my pulled up legs and head.

I was sitting in the lounge area of the tour bus and watching the live interview the band had gone to half an hour ago. It was the middle of their Black Parade Tour and Gerard had asked me to come with him. Officially as help for Brian to make sure they didn't forget important things like food or a hotel night here and there. And I did play band-mom for the better part of my time on tour with them but really I just wanted to spend time with Gerard. Our relationship was still relatively new, a few months with him on and off the road. That had ultimately caused a huge fight and the next day I had woken up to a voicemail from Brian inviting me for the tour as his "assistant".

"It's so nice to have you!" The interviewer said, bright smile on her face as she leaned over to the boys opposite of her.

Gerard smiled back with his business smile and Frank and Ray nodded in acknowledgement. "We're happy to be here."

The woman nodded happily and moved her chair a little closer to the guys. I already didn't like her. Which was probably just my jealousy speaking. And it wasn't even the slow batting of her eyelashes directed at my boyfriend, no, the damn fact that she could (try to) flirt so obviously with Gerard in public.

It really was my own fault. I wanted our relationship to stay private and usually I was more than happy about this. This way, we could enjoy our time together in peace and didn't have to worry about the media. But in moments like these I regretted my decision just a little bit.

"So tell me, how has tour been treating you?" The interviewer started and added with another wink, "any good stories to share?"

Frank chuckled and got a shove in the back from Ray. I was pretty sure of what he would say next. "It's been awful. Ray here caught some sort of stomach flu and stayed in the bathroom for half of the tour. It's a wonder he got on stage."

He had said this with his face twisted up in exaggerated disgust and I could see Ray blush behind him. Unfortunately though, not one person in the room seemed to be even slightly mature as they all burst out laughing.

"And the other half it was you," Ray defended himself fruitlessly.

"Yeah at least Y/N didn't catch it," Mikey added, side eyeing his brother.

I froze. Oh, he better talk himself out of that soon or I would kill him. I didn't want to be seen publicly as anything else than someone of their crew.

At least he seemed to notice his mistake. "Brian would have killed you if his assistant got sick as well."

"Oh, that sounds awful!" The interviewer exclaimed and put a comforting hand on Gerard's arm.

My jaw hurt from clenching my teeth too hard. It felt like I had to relax each muscle at a time. Why was she even touching *him*? It wasn't like Gerard was affected by the stomach flu. And Frank was right next to him.

At least Gerard shook her hand off subtly. "Yes, that'd been a bummer. But otherwise tour's been great! The fans are awesome, we had never such an enthusiastic crowd before."

And from there, the conversation turned towards music. I started to relax more and went to grab some food. Evidently these weren't the topics the interviewer had prepared but she handled it with grace. I had to give her that, she was good at her job, if a little too flirty for my liking.