listening to music shouldn't be so stressing pt.2 [Frank]

By the time I took my lunch break, I had given up on getting a call or text from Frank completely. Well, at least that was what I told myself as I totally didn't check my phone every ten minutes.

And the huge weight that fell off my shoulders was surely because I finally could get a break and not because of my phone vibrating. It was a call. From Frank.

"Hey Y/N! I- uhm- am home?" It sounded more like a question than a statement.

I laughed loudly as I exited the building. Thank God, he didn't ditch me. "Oh, you are?"

"Yeah, sorry about that. The boys invited themselves and you probably can imagine how that went. I didn't forget you though!" Frank assured me eagerly, making me laugh even more.

"Yeah, I can imagine. Are you even fully awake yet?" Who knew how long they had stayed up yesterday? They didn't exactly seem like the people who slept at night. Or ever.

Frank chuckled and I could hear him move around wherever he was. "'course, I am. Where are you by the way? There are pretty loud noises on your end."

The noises were the moving cars as I walked to my favourite coffee shop. I needed more caffeine in my veins for this. So I told Frank just this and earned myself another cute giggle. Damn, I was already halfway gone. No, stop that! You met once and cuddled on a plane. And cuddled on a plane... I had felt so safe in his arms and the way he- okay, these thoughts were getting slightly unsettling. It didn't help that he had been on my mind ever since.

So I focused back on the light chatter from the phone next to my ear. This man could talk a wall into a deep discussion about the right toothbrush and would make it interesting.

With a cup of coffee-to-go acquired, I walked to the nearest park go enjoy the nature while I listened to the man ramble.

"So what do you say, Y/N? Still on for a date with a devilishly hot guitarist?"

I choked on my coffee. "What?"

Frank seriously wanted to go out with me? I mean, he had asked at the airport but I had convinced myself that this had been the heat of the moment. Apparently it hadn't been. I wanted to hug someone.

Another chuckle from Frank. "That was me trying to ask you out again if you haven't noticed."

"Oh, I have-" and I wanted to hit my head against a wall "-but I didn't think you were serious."

Fuck, where was the damn hole in the ground when you needed it?

Frank huffed, smile evident in his tone luckily. "Why shouldn't I? I thought that I made it clear that I think you're cute and that I liked you."

"Yeah, uh uhm." Eloquent like always. Great. I took a seat against the ancient tree and then sipped my coffee in hopes of getting away from answering.

"Okay, I try take that positively and just assume that that was you agreeing. I'm thinking of Saturday night? Would that work for you? Around seven and I can pick you up if you text me your address?" Frank was talking faster than before as he rattled down the questions. Maybe he was nervous too.

Ironically, this thought calmed me down enough to find back my ability to talk. "Sounds great."

And then, I scrambled for a lame apology to end the call. I let my head fall down onto my knees and screamed a little. Okay, now this strange old lady gave me weird looks but I just got an actual date with Frank Iero, she would get it if she was in my shoes.

My lunch break was over faster than I had hoped it would be so I made my way back to work. My coworkers were giving me strange looks now too so I went straight to the bathrooms. Nope, nothing out of the ordinary just a slightly crazy expression. Whoops.