you are the dreamer and we are the dream [Gerard]

I loved my sleep. Really, I did. But that still didn't stop me from staying up until the early hours of the morning and read. And who could blame me? That book was interesting as fuck and if they didn't tell me what exactly happened to Allison and why she allegedly killed her lover I would throw the book across the room.

Unfortunately, my eyes started to droop after every second word and a glance at the clock on my bedside table told me that it was already quarter to four. I was just glad that tomorrow was Saturday.

Without me really noticing, I fell asleep with my book still resting on my stomach. I only found out that I was asleep because I got frustrated that I couldn't keep reading.

I huffed and looked around where I was. There was very little light in the alley that I landed in. Now curious what was happening, I started to walk around and find the source of the dream.

Because everything was so clear, I was certain that this was a shared dream. They didn't occur very often but when they did, I tried my best to find them. My soulmate with who I was supposed to share this dream. But they weren't to be seen.

Damn, this alley was really fucking dark. I figured that it was night as well in the dream and inspected the dirty floor for any clues.

And almost jumped out of my skin. There were tentacles coming out of the grid right under my feet. Dark green slimy tentacles with suction cups all over them.

With a shriek, I jumped back and turned around to run. Now would be the perfect time for my soulmate to show up but they had yet to make an appearance in these shared dreams. But of course they didn't so I just ran out of the alley into an equally as dirty street only illuminated by a lonely street lamp.

The tentacles crawled over the ground and one wrapped itself around my ankle and attached the suction cups to my skin, making me scream loudly. "No no no, let go of me! Get off!"

I could shake it off and cursed the universe for giving me a soulmate that dreamed about tentacles. Couldn't it have been butterflies or something? And why did the alley need to be so dark? Where the fuck were they anyway? This was their dream and they should make the tentacles go away right now!

Finally, I got my leg back and ran for the nearest door. It was open so I flinged myself through the frame and was met with stairs that followed down into a basement I supposed.

Should I? Eh, fuck it. It wasn't like I could die in dreams and as soon as I found my soulmate they would get an earful.

What I didn't expect was the messy room I walked into. There were posters all over the wall, the bed that dominated the room was a mess as well as the wooden desk in the corner. Upon further inspection, I made out a slumbed figure that was sitting on said desk and was working on something.

It was a boy around my age with a mop of greasy black hair on his head. His shirt looked like it could need a wash and he was wearing Star Wars Pyjama pants. He was cute I thought. And his back must be killing him in this position. There was no way that this was comfortable.

After I realized how creepy it was to just watch him, I shook myself out of it and cleared my throat. To be fair, I finally found my soulmate in his weird dreams so it was understandable that I was a little out of it. And he was cute, damnit.

Startled, he looked up at me. Then, his forehead creased and he studied me closely, not too worried about suddenly having a second person in his room. I couldn't help but feel self conscious. What clothes was I wearing when I fell asleep again?

"Uhm hi?" The boy asked and kept staring at me. Seriously, was there something on my face? I had eaten chocolate before I fell asleep, maybe it was all over my face?