to dye or not to dye [Frank]

At minute seven of the staring contest with the pink bottle of hair dye, I gave up. The decision was made, I would dye my hair pink. Now. So I did what every person in my place would do. I called my boyfriend for moral support.

"Babe? You okay?" Frank's voice was muffled presumably by his pillow and his words were slurred together.

Whoops. I woke him up. At- I checked the clock on my bedside table- 3:14 am. Briefly, I wondered why I wasn't tired at all but then remembered the pot of coffee I had downed earlier. That would explain a lot. But first I had to answer Frank. "Yeah, uhm sorry for waking you up? I didn't uhm realise how late it is. I can leave you-"

"Oh no, Y/N you tell me what you wanted," Frank was speaking clearer now and I could hear him shuffle around as if he was in the process of climbing out of bed, "you had a reason. Just tell me, it has to be something serious at that time of the day- sorry- night."

Great, now I made my boyfriend wonder about my safety. Sheepishly, I started to play with the hem of my shirt (one of his worn down band shirts actually). "Uhm, I was just wondering if you wanted to help me dye my hair? I could use an extra pair of hands."

"You're really the worst," he chuckled, his voice rough from sleep so the sound caught in the back of his throat, "be there in ten. Leave the window open, I don't want to get murdered by your dad for ringing the doorbell."

Like he promised, Frank fell through my window exactly ten minutes after our call. His hair was ruffled and standing up in every possible and a few impossible directions, only clothed in sweatpants and a hoodie that looked like he had picked it up from his floor. I felt a tiny bit bad for waking him up. Mostly though, I melted at the sight of his sleep ruffled appearance. That motherfucker could be so cute if he wasn't trying to be tough.

With his trademark grin, Frank walked up to the bed I was sitting on and spreading out the things we would need and cupped my face. He kissed me shortly and then bumped our noses together. "Hi my little night owl."

"As if you were better," I defended myself, still a little embarrassed at the fact that I didn't even notice how late it was, "last week, you and Gerard slept through math and half of English because you stayed up all night."

"You got me there," Frank laughed, went to the CD player in the corner of my room and searched out his favourite album, "your parents won't wake up from a little bit of good music, right?"

I shook my head. Not that Frank would have listened anyway but at least he asked. My room was the only one on ground floor luckily so I was relatively sheltered from noises from upstairs and vice versa. Of course we couldn't exactly have a concert down here but my parents were heavy sleepers and the music wasn't that loud.

As he was satisfied with his choice of music, Frank came back to me and looked down at me expectantly. Clueless of what he wanted, I just looked back up. "Hm?"

"Darling, you have to make some room for me so I can actually help you." There was that grin again.

Okay maybe, my mind did notice that it was a little late and moved to sleep mode. With my brush in hand, I sat down on the ground and started to comb out my hair. Frank took a seat behind me on the bed and hummed along to the song. When I was finished with brushing,  turned around to my boyfriend, expecting him to hand me the things I needed.

Instead of doing so, Frank put the towel around my shoulders himself and started to part my hair. I attempted to turn around to ask what he was doing but Frank held my shoulders still. "Don't move babe, I'm having a plan."

"And what does that plan consists of?" I wanted to know but did as he told me.

Even without seeing his face, I knew that Frank just rolled his eyes. "Dying your hair? You think I came over just to watch?"