do they want me in their band? [Frank]

I sat on top of a speaker as I watched Frankie play his guitar by himself, completely immersed in it for the moment. He had just tried out as rhythm guitarist for My Chemical Romance and as far as I could tell, he was the best one.

Well, I might be a little biased because of course I would think that my boyfriend was the best. But he was.

Frankie had dragged me with him as mental support and he had been shaky the whole time we were here. I actually had to talk him out of walking away last minute. Right now, we were waiting for the band to decide and my boyfriend couldn't sit still.

He kept playing random chords and had a troubled expression on his face, his frown deepened with every passing second.

It didn't get better so I jumped up and walked over to him and placed a hand on Frank's shoulder. That made him flinch in surprise and turn towards me, wide eyed.

I grinned. "Hey, Baby"

I got only a weak smile in return. Now, I got truly worried. Normally, no one could dim his smile or make it almost disappear like this.

"Is everything alright?" I wanted to know and sat down next to him on the floor.

Frank shrugged. "I wasn't good enough, was I?" He asked me and looked at the floor.

I stared at him dumbfounded. "What?"

"I was probably the worst guitarist so far. And now they're figuring out how to tell me that in a friendly way," My boyfriend sighed and leaned in my side.

I couldn't believe that Frankie, my talented like no other Frankie, was saying these things about himself. Was he really thinking that low about his skills? What happened to his self-esteem?

"Frank, you're the best guitarist I know and they will accept you, I'm sure. They won't find anyone better than you." I braided my fingers into his hair and played with it to soothe him.

We rested our backs against the wall behind us and my boyfriend tucked his head further into my shoulder and threw his arms around my waist in the process. If it hadn't been a ridiculous thought, I would say that he was trying to suppress tears.

"Who tells you that? I'm not that good and they are probably looking for someone different anyway. It's not like that I'm someone special," he proceeded to beat himself up.

Where were these thoughts coming from? I couldn't bear to hear a other word like this from him."Frankie, Baby, you are already in a band and you are definitely good enough for them. Why are you worrying yourself about this? Did they say anything rude to you while I was getting water because I swear if they did, I'm going to give them-"

"No, they didn't. I guess, this band's more important to me and I really want to fit in here," Frank interrupted me and confessed. I could feel his breath on my neck and that it was heavier than normal. Oh, he was stressing himself so much.

Still, I wasn't convinced. "But why are you thinking so bad about yourself?" I stayed persistent.

Luckily, my vehement protests against his doubts made him get away from them a little more.

"It's just insecurity paired with nervousness, I guess. Thanks for getting me down again, Babe," Frank said, now sounding a bit more content with himself.

I sighed, relieved. Oh, thank God. We cuddled closer together and Frank pecked my cheek and fell almost completely on top of me in the process. But I wasn't smothered or anything and just pulled him closer.

A comfortable silence settled in as we waited. Ironically, the more Frank relaxed, the more nervous I got. Why were they taking so long? I knew that they couldn't possibly find someone better than my boyfriend but what the hell were they doing?

Finally, I heard a knock on the door and the four boys re-entered. The singer, Gerard I think, and the other guitarist both were smiling brightly down at us.

I nudged Frank gently to stand up and he cleared his throat.

"Frank?" The singer began slowly, creating suspension.

My poor boyfriend reached down and intertwined our fingers so they couldn't see how badly they were shaking. "Yes?"

"Would you like to be our second guitarist?" The first one, Ray I thought I heard the thin guy call him, asked as his smile became even wider.

Frank stared at them disbelievingly for a moment. "For real?"

The singer laughed. "Of course. You were by far the best out of them and honestly the only one we even considered from the start."

For a good twenty seconds, my boyfriend was lost for words and kept staring, mouth agape.

"Oh fuck, yeah!" He finally exclaimed and even jumped a little bit.

I got up too now, grinning and said: "Told ya babe." And then pecked his cheek once again although I rather wanted to kiss him properly. But not in front of his new band.

He hugged me tightly and whispered a loving 'thank you' in my ear before hugging the guys as well. They seemed to be a little surprised by that but accepted it, laughing along.

"I'm Y/N by the way," I introduced myself properly now. Earlier I didn't want to intrude but now I felt like it would be okay.

Frank threw his arm around my shoulder and pulled me in his side.

"My lovely girlfriend," He added to my introduction.

The guys grinned at me friendly and told me their names again.

"I would have kicked your asses if you would have turned Frankie down, he's the best you can get," I told them jokingly, making the mentioned boy glare at me embarrassed.

The quiet drummer settled on an eye roll while the bassist smirked and stated: "Sure he is."

The singer punched his arm but smirked too. "Be kind, Mikey. He is the best we could get. And it seems like we gained a fan with him," He added while winking at me.

That gesture made Frank tighten his grip on my shoulders. Most likely subconscious but his jealousy still made me chuckle.

"Only if you're as good as Frankie told me you are," I said, waving them off.

They looked at me kind of offended, making me burst into giggles. "I'm joking! I'm sure you're good, otherwise Frank wouldn't even have tried to get to you."

He nodded. "Yeah, but now I'd like to get a coffee."

"Coffee?" The singer asked, sounding hopeful. The rest of the band looked at my boyfriend like some lost puppies.

That made him turn to me excitedly. "They're coffee addicts, too babe!"

"You really found your people, Frank," I laughed but let them drag me to the next coffeeshop where we all chatted for quite some time. Frankie really fitted in perfectly with them, the grin on his face contagious as I sat next to him and listened to their talking.

---

Guess who's best friend is tested positive and my school doesn't say a word?

Fuck my life, I'm getting tested tomorrow, wish me luck

Have a nice day/evening/night and love you💜