did you get what you deserve? [Mikey]

Nervously, I tapped my fingers against the glass of water. The glass was damp from condensed water; it gave a welcomed contrast to my sweaty hands. With every soft click of the entrance door, my head shot up, hoping to see the petite figure of my girlfriend walk through it. I was waiting for Julie to celebrate our one year anniversary at this fancy restaurant. She was late.

I checked my phone to see how late exactly and the second the screen lit up, a message came through: I can't make it babe, order something ridiculously expensive and I'll pay for it. I promise, I'll make it up to you

A strange mix of exasperation and anger made me sigh audibly. The old couple a few tables away glared so I sighed louder. Julie was never late and now she didn't even give a reason for missing our bloody anniversary. But it could be something important so I sent her a short ok. Hopefully she could pick out my disapproval through the curt answer.

Per her order, I waived for the waitress to ask for the most expensive chocolate dessert. I wasn't hungry anymore but I wanted Julie to pay for something, even if it only was a water and mousse au chocolat. Yes, I was petty.

Right as the waitress came back with the dessert, another person entered the restaurant. I had nothing better to do, so I watched the tall man curiously. He had glasses (that looked like they would fall off his nose any second) and a beanie, tight skinny jeans. And wore a band shirt underneath a large sweatshirt. Totally out of place in this restaurant. And I thought I would have been underdressed in my simple dress. But apparently he was just looking for someone as his head shot from left to right while he scanned the tables.

To my utter surprise, his gaze got stuck on me. And as if that wasn't enough, he now walked up to my table.

I turned around to look at the old couple. Maybe he was walking towards them and I was just confused?

But no, the man stopped right in front of me. Behind the chair that Julie would be sitting in if she hadn't bailed on me. My mood fell into deathly depths as the man started talking, "You're Y/N, right?"

What the fuck?

I crossed my arms, refusing to be intimidated while my mind raced. Where did he know my name from? Why was he talking to me? Was he a crazy stalker? Where was the pepper spray when you needed it? "Why do you want to know this?"

"I'm Mikey and I have to tell you something important about Julie," Mikey stated and sat down uninvited.

To my dismay, this sentence caught my attention. He was here because of Julie? Maybe he was a colleague or a friend she hadn't introduced me to yet. That still wouldn't explain why he recognised me. Maybe from photos? For the moment, I decided to listen to Mikey.

Not that I would be nice about it. This was supposed to be a date and now said date was missing without any explanation and a stranger was sitting in her place. Not the ideal outcome in my mind. So of course, it had to get worse.

"And?"

"Look, I know that this is your anniversary dinner, Y/N. Hell, I would have been in the same situation in like two months if I didn't find that goddamn picture book." Mikey threw his hands in the air, clearly aggravated.

I was just confused. Same situation with her? Picture book? "What are you talking about? And why do you know my name? What's with Julie?"

Mikey glared at the approaching waitress, making her turn on her heel back to the kitchen. Then, he uncrossed his arms and took out his phone. "I am Julie's boyfriend -or well ex-boyfriend- and she's cheating on us with each other."

"What the fuck?" I stared at him, mouth agape. Was he out of his mind? Julie would never cheat on me, let alone have a whole other relationship next to ours.