a trip to hot topic [Gerard]

"Babyyyyy?" I shouted through the house, too lazy to actually move to find him. Gerard poked his head out of his office. Ah, there he disappeared to like an hour ago.

"What's the matter?" He shouted back to me who was standing in the kitchen and inspected the insides of our fridge.

"We need to go shopping soon. We're almost entirely out of food and the band will be here tomorrow and you know how much we eat together," I informed him loudly. They were currently preparing for the tour and always in the studio so I had offered to make a dinner with everyone to relax for a while. Also, the other girls were complaining that we didn't see each other that much anymore. I missed them too, so this was a perfect opportunity.

Gerard came to me in the kitchen, wrapping his arms around me from behind and rested his head on top of mine. "Okay. Can we go together maybe? I wanted to look for some stuff and we didn't go shopping together in forever," He asked sweetly and kissed the side of my neck.

I sighed at the gentle touch and melted into him. "Great but then we'll have to go now."

"Got it!" He said and went to get dressed properly. It was one of our lazy days so I went after him to look for some better clothes, too.

Twenty minutes later, we sat in a cute little café, Gerard dragged me into because there was no way we would do this without a coffee for my boyfriend. People gave us some looks on the way because of his bright red hair and leather jacket but he didn't care and took my hand as if to spite them further.

"So where do you want to go first?" He asked me, nursing his cup.

I took a sip of my tea and thought for a moment. "I think we should get the groceries last so maybe first this bookshop?" I suggested innocently, knowing that we both could spent the entire day there.

Gerard rolled his eyes. "You know that if we go there first, we won't have any money or time for the rest."

"But you're a super rich rockstar! Come on, a few books wouldn't hurt!" I complained jokingly. Gerard giggled.

"A rockstar that loves comics and lets his girlfriend drag him grocery shopping," He made fun of himself and grinned.

I nudged his arm playfully. "This was your idea," I reminded him.

He only drank his coffee instead of responding "So maybe a clothing store? Or Hot Topic?"

"Hot Topic it is," Gerard decided. We drank our tea and coffee in peace and then went too our destination.

Immediately, I went to the merch corner and looked for a certain band's sweater. Gerard strolled a little bit behind me, occasionally picking something up.

"Look, baby! There's a figure of Mikey! Oh, I'm so bringing this one for him!" He showed me the tiny doll, laughing about the fact that it was one of his brother.

I laughed too. "I bet he'll like it."

Gerard shook his head, still giggling. "More like throw it back at me. What are you looking at by the way?" He wanted to know, peering over my shoulder.

"Just wanted a new sweater of my favourite band," I told him casually and kept looking for the right size.

Then I pulled one out and held it at my body. "You think this would fit?"

Gerard stared only for a minute. "That's a My Chemical Romance sweater!"

I shrugged but got nervous on the inside. Why was he reacting like that? After all it was his band with which he was currently touring, I might add. Well not now, but in a few weeks.

"So?"

He giggled and hugged me. "You don't need to buy one just because you're my girlfriend," Gerard told me and looked pretty troubled about that.

I rolled my eyes. Do that was the matter. His damn insecurity. Shouldn't he have learned by now, that I liked everything he made? Together with his huge fan base I might add?

"Babe, you know that I love you. And you know that I love your band, too. And because I love said band, I'm going to buy this sweater and wear it. Besides, the design is cool." While I talked, I had put my hands on my hips.

Gerard grinned at me kind of guiltily and pulled me in for a short kiss. "Love you too"

"Now that this is sorted, can we go to the register?" I asked sweetly.

Gerard nodded and took my hand. As if on cue, Teenagers started to play in the background. I began to hum along, making my boyfriend smile brightly. Cutie.

The boy behind the register couldn't have been older than seventeen and gave us a friendly smile. But then he looked closer at Gerard and I could tell that he recognised him. He became a few shades paler and gulped, his hands now shaking slightly.

"Hello, we would like to pay," I told him sweetly to distract him hopefully a little bit. He tried to play it cool but it didn't work well.

"O-of course." He took our items and scanned them, refusing to look up in the process.

Nodding his head along to the song, he folded the sweater and put the figure on top of it.

"This would be 52.45$," He said, fiddling with the hem of the sweater nervously.

Gerard stepped up to the register and payed. The poor boy, Remington I read from his name tag, became even more nervous.

Finally, Gerard seemed to notice this, too and said, surprised: "Oh! You don't need to be nervous, really. We all were on our first day, especially when they leave the shop all alone to you."

"What?" Remington spluttered.

"Well, you look a bit uneasy, sorry if I interpreted that wrong." Gerard immediately stepped back, sounding like he said something wrong.

I put my hand on his arm. "Gee, everything's fine. You make the boy nervous."

Now it was the turn of my boyfriend to splutter a "What?"

I rolled my eyes. "Go take a photo with Remington or talk to him at least a bit," I ordered him gently, tutting at his obliviousness and then headed out so I wouldn't intrude.

I could see how the boy told him something, gesturing much in the process and Gerard nodding along, with a huge smile on his face.

He came back out and told me excitedly. "That was a fan of the band!"

I laughed. "Baby, I noticed that."

"Oh" He smiled sheepishly at me.

"Now I want to go to the bookstore. Pleaseee?" I begged.

Gerard only took my hand and dragged me there, still high on adrenaline about the encounter. This man would be the death of me with his dorky antics.