window neighbour [Gerard]

Oh my God, why was moving so exhausting? But I was almost finished and only had to stack away my books for now. Wait, where were my books? "Mooom? Where is the box with my books?"

"They're down here, Y/N!" Mom shouted back from the kitchen, I presumed.

So I walked down the stairs to find her in the living room. Eh, close enough. She was repositioning the furniture and silently pointed at a admittedly quite big box.

"Be careful, it's heavy," she warned me. I rolled my eyes. Can't be that bad.

I took it and yes, it was heavy. Now, I regretted having so many books. Ugh, sooo many stairs.

Fairly out of breath, I placed the box on my bed and fell down next to it. I stared out of the window that was right on the opposite of the room.

Wait, was there another bedroom I could look into? Yes, the house next door had a window, mirroring my own and apparently we could see what the other person was doing. I was never more thankful for blinds.

Upon further inspection, I could make out several band posters on the walls and a desk in the corner that seemed to be pretty overloaded.

Someone walked into the frame I could see and holy shit. It was a pale boy with black slightly longer hair than normal in a black leather jacket. He had his back turned to me as he did something at the desk but I caught a sight of his face. Fuck, he was hot.

I didn't know for how long I just sat here and stared at him (yes, I knew how creepy that sounded) as he looked up from his work. Of course, he had to immediately catch my eye. He smirked and then winked at me.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. Blushing, I ran out of my room.

Mom looked at me surprised, standing at the foot of the stairs. "I just wanted to get you for dinner. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just hungry," I told her, hoping to God that she wouldn't see my blush.

Dinner was filled with nervous chatter about what school and work might be like. At least my parents were just as nervous as I.

The first thing I did after going to my room was closing the blinds. That was so embarrassing. But he was so hot, did you expect me not to look at least a little?

I ended up putting some music on and sorted away my books to distract me. Still, my thoughts kept wandering back to the boy next door. Oh, I already knew that this smirk would get me into trouble. Great way to introduce yourself by staring at your neighbor. Did he think I was creepy now? Most likely.

The next morning, I was grumpy and tired because these thoughts had kept me awake way past midnight.

At school, the lady from the office gave me my timetable and a few directions for my first class. Still, I was kind of lost at the moment.

I walked along a random corridor, hoping to get to my music class eventually. Shit, this school was big.

Oh no. Over there at the lockers was hot guy. Fuck, what should I do now? Where were the toilets when you needed them?

I tried to be as invisible as possible but of course right as I was walking past him and his group of friends (that all looked fairly intimidating by the way), he looked up and straight at me.

And smirked again. There was a cut in his eyebrow that he raised at me."Hey Sugar, need help?"

Okay, my dignity or finding my class? Ugh.

"Yes actually. I need to get to the music room and have no idea where it is," I told him as I walked closer. My hands were shaking and I was probably blushing but I tried to look as confident as possible.