harmless doodles [Frank]

Ugh, online school was even worse than normal school. And I never thought that I would say this. Of course, it had its perks like not having to talk outside of class to people you certainly didn't want to see but there were also these dumb break out sessions in Zoom where you had to talk to your classmates no matter what.

And I hated any kind of human interaction at the moment. At least, now I only had to listen to my teacher going on and on about something that was probably relevant for the next exam but I couldn't get enough braincells together to actually listen.

Instead, I was doodling pentagrams over and over on my block in front of me. To be honest, it actually looked pretty if you added some more elements to it. And no, I didn't know why pentagrams, they were easy, okay?

Suddenly, my door got slammed open and I turned around in shock. I was alone in the house because my parents were working so there was no way that one of them was it.

It was a tiny man, heavily tattooed at least the skin that I could see like his fingers or his neck. He looked about one or two years older than me and now was staring me down like it was my fault that he was here. "What the fuck do you want?"

Where did he come from? What was he doing in my room? And were his eyes glowing red or was I turning crazy?

"Who are you?" I wanted to know, still too much in shock to react terrified like I should with a stranger in the house. Or you know tell him to leave or something.

The man scoffed and crossed his arms. "I'm Frank and you have been calling for me for like the last hour so what do you want?"

"I called for you?"

Frank came closer and finally my extremely rational fear kicked in. So of course, I abandoned my class where I had been on mute anyway and looked for something to defend myself with because I certainly wouldn't jump out of the second floor just to escape him. Unfortunately the closest thing to a weapon I could find was my heavy science book. "Go away!"

"Sweetheart, for the last time, you were the one calling me so tell me what the fuck you want." The man (or boy?) leaned casually against my wall. At least he didn't try to come any closer and just frowned at me, frozen in place.

But how in hell could I-? Wait, hell. I had been drawing pentagrams. Okay, in what fucked up dream was I trapped now? Was this boy telling me that he was Satan? On what kind of drugs was he? Or me that I jumped to this conclusion?

Frank must have followed my thought process that totally had played out on my face and chuckled. "Finally realised who I am? What's your name by the way?"

"Aren't you supposed to be all red and have horns?" I blurted out because you know curiosity and the cat and all that stuff.

That made him laugh even more. "Sweetheart, you have no idea what all I can look like. But I like this one best, along with the name so I'd love if you'd just call me Frank. And stop looking like I'll murder you."

"Wait, you won't?" I barely could follow everything he said. Though, my subconsciousness had decided that Frank wasn't a threat and I began to relax. My teacher was still lamenting about something in the background, completely oblivious to the fact that one of his students had the actual devil in their room. Who apparently liked the punker attitude and the name Frank as he insisted on me using. And who was I to judge?

But Frank was evidently getting impatient with my questions and huffed. "Nope. Though I'm terribly bored so here I am. Seriously, just tell me your name, I won't do anything to you."

"I-it's Y/N," I told him, still pretty much intimidated.

And suddenly Frank grinned brightly and let himself fall down on my bed where he made himself comfortable. His attitude had changed in a matter of seconds and it was pretty hard to keep up with it. "Cool. You don't mind me, do you? I'll just wait until your class is over."