6 | duration

Ava's pov

Ava's pov

"Ava?" i cross my arms to the sight of Dom cleaning his hands with a rag.

"Hi." i wave at him awkwardly.

"You're here to get your car?" he questioned as i nodded my head and took a quick look at my car right behind him.

"Well im sorry sis. Its gonna take a while until its finished." he looked at me nervously.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah... Brian is still trying to fix it. Your engine overheated. We're just trying to figure out how."

"I know what it is." Brian called out. He walked over to us, using his arm to brush the sweat off his forehead. "Something is wrong with your radiator."

"Okayyyyy....." I look at the two cluelessly. "Does it look like I know what the fuck a radiator is?" i threw my hands in the air in pure frustration.

"We never assumed that. Dont worry." Brian let out a small chuckle.

"So how long will it take to fix my radiator?"

"2 to 3 hours tops." Dom answered.

"Okay. How much?"

"Nah. Dont worry about it. Family perks."

"Let me pay for it." i dig into my bag.

"Seriously Ava. Dont worry about it." Dom chuckled.

"I'll go into that office and pay myself. Now let me pay." i looked at my brother in the eyes.

"Brian can you ring her up for it please? Then can you take her to her house so she can get out of yesterday's clothes." Dom walked over to my car to start working on it.

The two men started chuckling to themselves.

"Yeah no problem." Brian grinned at me as he led me to the front office so i could pay.

"So how did the boss like her dress?" He tried creating small talk as he rang me up for the service.

"She didn't even bother looking at the sewing. She just likes giving extra work for no reason." i let out a depressed sigh as i got my card ready.

Once i got the green light i swiped my card and waited for the receipt to print.

"So how long have you been working for my brother?" i lean against the counter as i watched him stare intensely at the receipt machine.

"uhh.. a few months." he mumbled while smacking the small machine. "I think its jammed."

"Dont hit it like that." i shake my head at him.

"I think i know how to fix a jammed receipt printer." he rolled his eyes.

"Clearly you don't." i make my way over to the other side of the counter. "Get out of my way." i practically scoot him away so i could open the printer. I pressed the open button.

"Ahh see! The paper roll is all bunched together so it couldn't print out." i glance over at him "And you thought hitting the machine would solve it." i scoff as i fix the roll of receipt paper so it could go though.

"Oh whatever. At least i know what a radiator is." he laughed to himself as he reprinted my receipt and handed it to me.

"Let me grab my keys so i can take you home. Might even leave you at a food spot so you can stop being moody." he shook his head as he unbuttoned his work shirt. I watched as he made his way to the back room to switch into basic white shirt.

I just stood there patiently.

This isnt going to end well.

—sweeteasaint