24 | vengeful time

Ava's pov

Ava's pov

I felt dead.

Maybe dead was an understatement.

It felt like time had stopped when i heard the news. Like nothing mattered anymore.

Letty was murdered. And i know why.

This never ending guilt was eating me alive. If only i could've stopped her from leaving that night. She would still be here.

I wiped my tears as I set a rose down on her casket.

"Im sorry, Letty." i whispered softly before going back to my spot next to Mia.

"I cant do this." i shook my head as i looked back at my sister.

"Do what?" The worst part of it all is that i had to keep this from everybody. Nobody knows the real reason Letty is gone.

Only i do.

They dont know the guilt i have inside of me.

Cops were nearby the funeral service. I assume they were here in case Dom and Brian showed up.

I know Mia called Dom who was in Panama with Brian. Apparently thats where they were hiding.

I dont doubt that they are here. I just didnt care about that. Letty was the only one on my mind.

There was only one way to fix this.

"I have to go." i told Mia before taking off.

I got into my car and drove.

My car didn't stop until i was parked in front of the steps to the FBI building.

One thing about working for a woman like Diane Hawthorne its that i can and will find a way to get what i want. She taught me that.

All Letty wanted was for Dom and Brian to come home without needing to hide.

Deep down thats what i want, but now that Letty's gone i need to fulfill this for her.

I found a way inside those doors with persuasion and charm. It also helps that I'm dressed in a clean blazer and pants. I looked important.

"Uhhh can i help you with something?" someone at the front desk asked me.

"I need to speak to the superior. Its about something important."