16 | broken clocks

Ava's pov

Ava's pov

Next morning

"Ava?"

"Hmmm." i groaned in annoyance as i felt a shift in the bed.

"You got to wake up." Brian whispered softly.

I opened my eyes to realize i was sleeping on Brian's chest.

How did i get here?

"What time is it?" i let out a yawn as i got out of bed.

"7. When is your appointment to sign papers?"

"8." i let out a sigh, i was way too tired to be up.

I also can't believe Brian and i kissed and fell asleep in the same bed together. We didn't do anything but still.... i'm in shock.

I went to take a shower and get ready for my day and when i was downstairs it was nothing but silence.

I poured myself a cup of coffee and just glanced at everyone else in the kitchen.

"Soo Brian? Where did you go last night?" Letty interrogated him as he silently drank his coffee, trying to mind his business.

"Yeah. That couch looked pretty lonely last night." Dom leaned against the kitchen counter.

I shot Brian a look as he just chuckled to himself. I swear if he says anything i'll smack him.

"Yeah i met a girl at the race last night. Went to her place."

"But your car was in the driveway." Dom looked at him in concern.

"..... I walked."

"You walked to the race and to her house?" he questioned with a laugh.

Then Brian just got silent.

Thankfully Javier saved the day.

"Ava hurry the fuck up!" We heard him shout from the front door.

It caught me off guard that i spilled my coffee.
"I'm coming." i responded but Javier decided to come to me.

"Hey guys." Javier waved at everybody in the kitchen. They were too tired for his energetic ass right now.

"Hey Javi." Dom smiled at him.

"So you guys found a house?" Mia questioned us as we both nodded.

"It's a 3 bedroom house. One for me, one for Ava, and one for guests. Y'all feel free to come over." Javier smiled at them.

"Yeah speaking of the house. We better get going." I grabbed Javi's arm and dragged him out of the kitchen.

"Bye guys." i called out before dipping.

The car ride was silent.

Well more like i was silent, Javier kept running his mouth about non sense.

"Why are you so quiet?" he looked over at me.

"Nothing... why?" i gulped nervously as he continued eyeing me. It was like he knew i was bullshitting.

"Brian and i kissed last night." i blurted out not being able to hold it in.

"You guys kissed!" Javier cheered as he almost hit another car.

"Yeah...."

"Well why do you sound sad?"

"Because i don't know if it was a good idea to kiss him." i bit my lip nervously.

"Well did you like it in the moment?"

"Yeah... but I-"

"Well then don't stress about it. You liked it. You're just overthinking it now. Don't kill the vibe." he responded while continuing his drive.

"You're right... i think." i nodded to myself.

"I say you go for it."

"Of course you do." i laughed.

"I heard there was going to be a race tonight. We should go."

"No!" i shook my head immediately. I just knew Javi would embarrass me.

"We are totally going!" he cheered.

Kill me.

After we did a bunch of boring paper work we eventually got our house.

We were going to rent it for a year and if we wanted to keep it after the year then we'd buy it.

I doubt we will though. We'll probably end up killing each other after a week.

Diane was going on some fancy dinner date with some guy so we didn't go visit her today. Good for her, but i pity the fool who gets with her.

"Okay let's go to the mall and figure out what you're going to wear. Let's get everyone eyes lookin at you."

"What if i don't want everyone's attention?" i pouted.

"Why not?" he raised a brow.

"Uh... because it gives me anxiety when someone looks at me for a little too long."

"Cmon! You'll feel so good about yourself once you see all these car guys all over you." Javier had a playful smirk on his face.

This is going to be so fun.....

—sweeteasaint

love her but this made me laugh