8 | short glimpse

Ava's pov

Ava's pov

"So what do you do?" Brian questioned after we ordered our tacos. I watched as he laid back in the seat.

"I'm an assistant for a filthy rich fashion designer, Diane Hawthorne."

"Oh is it Hawthorne Designs or something like that?"

"Yeah!" my eyes brightened up the fact that he knew.

"That's cool. Are you into fashion too?" He kept asking questions about my job and what i take interest in. For once in my life someone actually seem interested in what i had to say. It was bizarre.

We ended up at this taqueria spot for almost 2 hours just talking about my job, what i like to do for fun, then we started talking on and on about how our childhood career dreams are way different from what we are now.

It was probably one of the best conversations i've ever had.

"Wait!" Brian was dying of laughter after i told him about the time Diane's grouchy dog almost got arrested.

"So you're telling me that Diane's dog actually stormed into the gucci store and chewed up some bags and peed on the mannequins?"

"Yes!" i laughed with him. "You know how embarrassing it was to have to go to the police station to bail her dog out."

"Wow. I wish i could've saw that." His eyes practically watered at how funny it was. 

"You think Dom fixed the car yet?" i asked as i took a sip of my bottled coke.

"Oh yeah. Dom finished it before we got here." A mischievous smirk appeared on his face.

"Are you serious?" i laughed in disbelief.

"I just wanted an excuse to get to know you. In hopes that we'd get along. And look at us now." he smiled as we finally stood up.

"Okay i'll admit we were actually getting along." i laugh playfully as i grabbed my purse and followed him out the door of the taqueria.

"What do you mean?! We were vibing in there." he chuckled as he held the door open for me.

"Okay we were vibing." i admit to him as i smiled sheepishly.

Once we finally arrived back at the auto shop Dom couldn't stop giving us a look.

"Where the hell have you been? (loca)" He crossed his arms playfully as he just smirked at Brian.