9 | prime

Ava's pov

Ava's pov

Friday

Now i really couldn't grasp onto the idea of me at an illegal street race right now

Now i really couldn't grasp onto the idea of me at an illegal street race right now. Usually I spent my Friday's at a fancy bar with my boss Diane as we discussed ideas on how to expand her multi million dollar empire.

But as of right now i was stepping foot on street racer territory. To be honest i had no idea how to feel about it.

It's been a a few days since i've seen Brian and although i never promised to come, I sure made it a priority too.

I guess it's because i've been bored as fuck.

These past few days by myself consisted of me day drinking by myself, getting my nails done, rewatching the Notebook, eating chinese takeout, and contemplating whether or not i should go to tonight's race.

Judging by my specific location right here, right now. It's very clear what my decision was.

Was i already instantly regretting this? Yes.

This wasn't my crowd at all. I was not used to the chaotic scenery we had.

In all honestly i didn't even know how to find Brian or my brother in this huge crowd.

I reached my final reason to leave once someone offered me a powdery substance that was laid out on their car hood.

"Hey you actually showed up?" i was startled by the voice of Brian.

"Oh my god. You're saving me." i sighed in relief as i grabbed his arm and dragged us both away from the sketchy dude.

"What's up?" he laughed.

"What do you mean what's up? That dude just offered me cocaine." i refer to the guy and he just shook his head and looked at me and chuckled.