23 | supra

Ava's pov

Ava's pov

"I can't believe i lost." Letty and i laughed our asses off as we entered the taqueria.

I don't know what it was but something about tacos after a race was the best. Tacos in general was the best.

"Okay i have a question...." i took a sip of my bottled coke.

"Hm?"

"Why did you make me race?" i bit my lip nervously while setting the bottle down.

She paused for a moment, thinking of her response.

"Because... all my life i've watched you grow... You were the only Toretto who didn't care about the race life. But i could tell you wanted too." she smirked.

"I wanted to be involved with racing so i could be closer to my dad.... but that just wasn't who i was." i shrugged. My parents were always a touchy subject, mainly my father because i actually remember him.

"And after everything that happened.... i saw how much it broke our family apart .... i didn't want to deal with that. So i did my own thing. Nothing was the same after he died." i didn't even want to eat anymore. Losing him was the most traumatic thing to happen.

"I know. Everyone changed after Jack passed." she let out a sigh. "Especially with.... Dom an-" she stopped herself before finishing her sentence.

"Anyways... the real question is... what's your plan? Now that your back."

"Take over Dom's auto shop. Do some street races. Who knows... maybe i can make you a street racer too." She suggested.

"Hell no. I'll stick to designing clothes." We both laughed.

a few days later
DT Precision Auto Shop

I stormed into the auto shop in hopes that Letty was working today.

"Hey Ava." she slid out from under a car. Her hands and shirt full of grease.

"Make me a racer." i stood there with confidence.

She was dumbfounded.

"Are you serious?" she was taken aback.

"Yes."

"What's with the changed mindset?" she cleaned the grease off her hands and leaned against another car.

"Well i was against it at first. But ever since that night i raced... i couldn't help but think of the adrenaline rush it gave me. I raced a Honda on the way over here." I admitted which made her laugh. "Plus Ava Toretto doesn't lose. So i'm not stopping until i make a name for myself." i crossed my arms. "To bring the name back to life."