You're Him!

The smell of sage wafted to Elize as soon as she woke up. Elize grunted in annoyance. Some sort of pain throbbed from her chest. Somebody was going to get an earful today, she thought to herself.
She sat upon a large queen size bed, rubbing her eyes in irritation. She looked around to the weirdly familiar surroundings.

The room was quite big but seemed quite cramped owing to all the random furniture and clothes thrown around everywhere. The walls were painted a deep red with at least fifty framed pictures covering it on all three sides. On the one wall, to which the bed was joined, was a huge window covered by heavy blackout curtains, owing to which Elize couldn't figure out whether it was day or night- except for a faint yellow glow coming from a partition. Where did she end up again? She got off the bed only to land on a carpeted floor.

"Hello?" She called out.

Nothing.

Elize walked towards the window, pushed the curtains to both sides, and swung open the glass windows. The smell of wet earth and forest hit her as soon as she did. She sighed, happy for the fresh air.
She could see a myriad of huge trees right outside the house from where she stood. It seemed that she was on the second floor of somebody's house. Elize leaned out the window to get a better view of the location. She could see nothing more than more trees. The sun was going down slowly towards the back of the house. As her eyes followed the direction of the setting sun, she could see a white building quite close to the building that she was in.

It looked like a huge victorian house, connected to this one by a small unpaved road. Realization dawned on her. She knew that house! She'd been there before, she thought.

"I hope you don't fall and break your back." the sound came from the doorway.

Elize turned around to the familiar sound with a squeal. She ran to the figure standing by the door frame and hugged them tightly.

"Hmm, you smell like freshly baked brownies nana," Elize said, breaking away from the hug.

"Haha. I've missed you too child." Aileen said, patting Elize on her back.

"Oh Aileen, you have no idea what I went through to get here!" Elize replied, laughing.

"I do. I'm the one who brought you here from the mutt's place. And you've slept for three days straight since then."

Elize laughed nervously. "About that....who are they? And where is Alex?"

Aileen smiled, the wrinkles around her mouth showing. It made her look exactly like great-grandpa Khaled- Elize thought. The old woman took hold of her hand and dragged her down the stairs with her to the kitchen, Elize happily obliging. She sat on one of the high stools at the small kitchen counter and watched as Aileen started taking out her china from the cabinet above the microwave.

"So they're what? Wizards?" Elize prodded.

Aileen chuckled at that, sliding a plate of brownies and a glass of chocolate milk towards her. Elize took a bite from it and momentarily forgot her surroundings as she got lost in its richness.

"No silly. Magic cannot be passed on to men. This is not Harry Potter." Aileen said as she sat on a stool next to Elize.

"Oh. So what are they? And why is Alex one of them? By the way, where is he?" Elize asked, looking around her surroundings.

"Slow down kiddo. I'll explain it." Aileen leaned in so that she could rest her elbows on the countertop.

"Well?" Elize asked with a mouth full of brownie- that was the last of the four huge pieces that were on her plate.