The day the Alpha lost control

Zack's POV

Zack was pacing back and forth his office. It's been three days since he parted from his mate and the absence of news from the witch's side of the territory has been keeping him on an edge. He needed to know how his mate was.

'Wolf needs mate'. A deep voice growled in Zack's head.

It was the wolf inside him. He's been saying the same thing ever since Elize left with the head witch. He was getting restless.

"Is something bothering you bro?" Alex asked from the corner of the room, dragging Zack back from the voice of his wolf.

Zack looked at his best friend who was sitting by the window with a book in his hand. Alex seemed to be adjusting well to his new surroundings. He had learned to control his wolf to a great extent since his sister's departure. His wolf seemed to be quite stronger than what's usually expected from strays. Zack still needed to ask him about who his parents were.

"Zack?" Alex prodded.

Zack stopped next to his table and poured himself a glass of water before answering him.

"Oh its nothing." He tried to play it cool.

"You sure?"

"Yeah man. By the way did you hear from the witches?" Zack kept a straight face while asking the question.

"Oh ahh yeah. Aileen sent me a fire message a while ago saying that Elize woke up." Alex replied, going back to his book.

Relief washed over his features. Thankfully Alex's gaze was fixed on the book. The wolf inside him was getting restless, more now since he's heard the news of her waking up. It was dying to see its mate.

"Hmm that's good for her." Zack murmured.

The door to the office opened and Brandt came in running. He reached for the water beaker on the table. In less than two minutes he chugged down the whole of its contents and threw it outside the window.

"You better have an explanation brat." Zack said as he went and sat on his chair.

Brandt was still panting. He raised his hands up in surrender and calmed himself.

Zack rolled his eyes. The kid always acted like that with him. For Brandt, Zack was like his own older brother. And since he was the Beta's son, he was bound to take his father's position as soon as he shifted. But for now, he was just that- a spoiled kid, very much spoiled by everyone in the pack.

"Okay" Brant said calming down "I ran all the way here to tell you that my father is home and he brought news with him."

Zack tensed.

"Spill."

"Umm so your grandfather Alpha Li is coming to the Island in a week's time." Brandt said

"What?!" Zack was taken aback by the news.

"Yeah. Dad asked me to inform you. Apparently the old man wants to renew the peace pact."

Zack's face crunched with worry. This was bad news, especially now when the witches agreed on a truce with the wolves on the Island.

"Is that bad news? Why do you look so worried?" Alex asked, coming up behind Brandt.

Zack stood up from his chair and started pacing again.

"You have no clue bro." Brandt said, turning to Alex

"Why?"

"Because my grandfather is bad news and this is really bad timing." Zack said in the middle of pacing.