The meeting

The only thing that was keeping her from running towards the opposite direction was Zack's hand on her shoulder. Elize walked nervously along the long corridor. The entire pack was following them. Every now and then she'd steal a glance at Aileen's straight back walking in front of her. She wanted to talk to the old woman but she didn't dare, in front of all those people. It seemed like Aileen was angry at her on a scale never seen before. Though she couldn't understand why.

"Why do they all seem pissed at me?" Elize whispered to Agatha beside her.

"I don't think its you. I think its about the attack." She replied, nervously biting her nails.

Elize scrunched her face in confusion. "Eh? Then why are they taking us to see this man? We didn't do anything wrong."

"No clue. But the thought of seeing that man again is giving me creeps." Agatha said, slightly shivering.

"What do you mean?" Elize asked, her brows raised in confusion. She didn't know that Agatha noticed it too. She thought she was the only one who noticed that there was something weird with that man.

"Well remember the day of your initiation?"

"Yeah? What about it?"

"Your wolf was calm. It wasn't supposed to go out of control. Your magic was stronger. Something triggered it and I-" Agatha paused, and looked around.

"Go on." Elize said.

She watched as Agatha quickly put a spell around the two of them. The energy that it emitted was so low that it was barely noticeable. But she knew that even though the wolves wouldn't notice it, the witches surely would.

"It's okay, no one will react. It's a noise cancellation spell, just for some privacy. I think there's someone listening in on us." Agatha said, keeping her head down.

"What?" Elize asked nervously. She was about to look around when Agatha squeezed her hand.

"Don't make it obvious. It's not the wolves. There's something fishy going on."

Elize nodded and stole a glance at Zack. His hand was still on her shoulder, but there was no reaction from him. It seems that he was oblivious to what was happening right beside him.

"Go on." She said, turning back to Agatha.

"If I was not standing right next to you on that day, I wouldn't have noticed it. There was a surge of dark magic which was directed towards you from the crowd. And it came from his direction."

"Yeah I remember that. But I didn't think much of it back then. And no one seemed to notice it around me at the time. Why didn't you tell me that you felt it sooner?" Elize asked.

"I wanted to be sure of it Elize. It was dark magic. This is something serious. It is banned among witches. You could get in serious trouble for accusing someone of practicing it without proof." Agatha replied.

Elize noticed that Agatha was tensed. It was the first time that she was hearing about dark magic. But since she remembered how it felt to be hit by that strange magic, Elize knew what Agatha meant. It was only pure chance that she could withhold the force of it and not fall down. If the magic was what triggered her wolf, then the wielder surely didn't have good intentions towards her, Elize thought. But a question suddenly came up in her mind.

"Wait but this man is a werewolf. How is he a wielder of magic? That- that's impossible." She said.

"Exactly. That was why I was more confused. I discussed this with Irina. She was as shocked as I was. Although she didn't feel anything that day, even she thought that there was something off about that man." Agatha replied.