The Miracle

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" Elize furiously whispered to Agatha while walking to Aileen's house.

"Maybe because I didn't know till after I left you in your room?" Agatha whispered back, tucking in her hair nervously sensing the surge of magic from ahead.

"Why do you think she invited them?"

"I don't know Elize."

"Did they know that Zack was here?!"

"I don't think so," Agatha whispered back.

"Do you think Aileen knows?! Do they know too?! I'm so screwed!" Elize said nervously.

"I don't know! Now shush! We're here." Agatha said, taking her friend's hand in hers.

The walkway to the house was lit by floating fireballs which burned red for some reason. It led to the front side of the double-storeyed house where a circular pillared garden was centered on a podium and a huge wisteria tree, which under the light of the full moon gave out a beautiful pink glow. The whole place was swarming with dressed-up women standing in groups and talking to each other, bowing slightly as Elize passed them.

"There you are!" Irina exclaimed, relieved.

"Where did you go, Irina? We were searching for you!" Agatha whispered, pulling her by her hand.

"I'd tell you, but we need to get somewhere safe first," Irina said looking around her nervously.

"Upstairs?" Elize asked.

"No. Aileen is in there with Zack and his family. It's better that she doesn't see you in this state." Irina replied.

Elize looked at herself confused. What did she mean by "this state", she thought as her friend dragged her through the crowd. People were staring at the three with suspicion as they moved away from the buzz to a secluded area of the garden.

"What is it, Irina?" Elize prodded. The way that her friend was acting was making her nervous.

Elize watched as the red-haired witch looked around again, making sure that no one was around. She then produced a box out of the folds of her dark blue silk gown and extended it towards Elize.

"What is that?" Elize asked confused.

"Drugs? Are you offering her drugs to stay calm for the ceremony?!" Irina exclaimed.

"I'll need that if I'm going to meet his family," Elize said eagerly, grabbing the box from Irina.

Irina rolled her eyes.

Elize opened the box to reveal a huge teardrop diamond pendant with a very thin gold chain attached to it. Elize was stunned at the beauty of the necklace. She heard Agatha draw a sharp intake of breath beside her.

"It's a gift. I was going to give it later but then I thought-" Irina fumbled with her words.

"But-" Elize couldn't believe it. This was hers?!

"Well, it is customary for us to give gifts for witches who undergo their initiation ceremony. Agatha made you the dress so I thought I'd make something for you myself." Irina smiled.
Agatha giggled seeing Elize tear up.

"Don't think too much of it. I was just walking to the house when I realized that your neck is quite visible in that dress. Especially the mark." Irina said pointing to the mark underneath her collarbone.

"Oh shit." Elize cursed, realizing that she was walking around the place putting her secret on display. She hoped nobody noticed.

"Why didn't I think of that?" Agatha said cocking her head.