Curse

It was quite dark when the two stepped out of the bathroom. Elize looked at her wrinkly fingers and made a disgusted face at it. She pouted and looked at Zack accusingly.

"What?" Zack asked, laughing at her scrunched face.

"My hands look a hundred years old!" Elize exclaimed, throwing her hands up and walking into the bedroom.

Zack's laughter echoed from the closet. Elize rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue at him. Her mate made kissing motions at her while getting into a pair of shorts. Faking irritation, she took off the towel wrapped around her head, threw it at him and walked towards the king sized bed. She laughed, hearing Zack's pained "ouch" once the wet cloth hit him hard. She shook her head and bent down to pick up the clothes she took out from his closet.

Suddenly Elize was grabbed by her waist from the back and drawn against a solid chest. She gasped, her surprised expression turning into a slow smile at the sudden warmth that filled her. She felt her wet hair being moved to one side gently, his fingertips rubbing against the nape of her neck making her shiver.

"Want me to massage it out of your body baby?" Zack whispered against her ears, temptingly.

Elize bit down on her lip, suppressing a smile. This man had her wrapped around his fingers already, she thought.

"Would you now?" She asked, deliberately rubbing her backside against his crotch.

Zack moaned, his grip on her stomach suddenly tightening. Elize could feel a something slowly hardening against her behind.

*THUD THUD THUD*

The loud banging on the door startled her. Elize quickly jumped out of his hands and onto the bed. She took the huge white blanket and got underneath it, only keeping her head above. Zack chuckled at her panicked reaction. Keeping his eyes on her, Zack shouted towards the door, "Who is it?"

Elize smiled shyly at her mate. How does he look so sexy just standing there and looking at her? She thought to herself.

"It's me! Open up!!" Nina's voice echoed from the other side of the door.

Elize quickly sat up and narrowed her eyes at her mate. Zack gave her winked and walked towards the door. Elize grudgingly grabbed his boxers and t-shirt that was on the bed and started changing inside the sheets, murmuring to herself.

Zack creaked the door open a little bit and asked, "What is it?"

"Is Elize there? I need to speak to her."

"You can tell me what it is." Zack replied, not budging from his position.

"It's Brandt. His fever has gone further up." Nina's voice sounded desperate.

Hearing that, Elize slid out of the bed and walked towards the door. Zack glared at her in warning. She reciprocated the look and shoved her mate aside to open the door fully.

"Is he okay?" Elize asked, her brows arched up in worry. It was true that she only knew the kid for a while, but she kind of liked him. The thought of something happening to him bothered her. After all, he was just a kid.

Nina's expression relaxed as soon as she saw Elize.

"I-" Nina hesitated for a while before opening her mouth again. She asked, "Can you come take a look at him?"

Elize was taken aback. What did she mean by that? What did she expect out of her?

"What can I-"

"Please Elize, can you try healing him? I don't know why his fever is going down. Werewolves don't get sick you see. Something is happening to him. He's been burning up ever since you-" Nina bit down on her lips before saying anything more.