Who is the Alpha

Elize snuck a glance at the woman. Her face didn't betray the lie on her tongue. It was devoid of any expression just like Zack's. Like mother, like son, Elize thought.

Suddenly the man laughed again. "You were always good at maintaining your poker face dear. After all, you are my daughter." he said, leaning in to pat Meiling on her head.

"Father, what-"

"Don't lie Meiling!" His voice suddenly raised. Anger flashed in his eyes, his face construed in a danger expression. He then turned towards Zack and said in a much lower tone, "I can smell her on him. He bit her already didn't he?"

Elize's heart started beating faster. The man in front of her was no ordinary man. She had heard in the days that she stayed in the pack house, rumors of his ruthlessness. She knew that he didn't gain his power by merely sitting around and ordering people. Elize looked towards Aileen, who seemed unaffected by the outburst.

"I-" Meiling sighed, before continuing, "yes father." She admitted, a tinge of sadness in her voice.

Alpha Li huffed. He turned towards Zack and pointed a finger towards him. "And I bet that with him present, no wolf could lay a finger on her. This can only mean one thing." He said, his voice getting dangerously low.

Elize held her breath. If the man knew about what happened, he wouldn't spare Alex. Although she was new to the world of werewolves, she knew enough to understand that anyone who dared to harm the Alpha would be punished severely, no matter who.

"Where is the man who dared to harm my grandson? I believe we have some punishment to mete out." Alpha Li said, a cruel smile slowly forming on his face. Elize shivered, seeing the expression on his face. Not once did he look away from her, relishing the fear displayed on her face. Elize bit her lips nervously. A dark look flashed in his eyes, sending chills all over her body. She looked away swiftly, dread filling her.

"That is out of the question!" Aileen's voice interrupted the man's stare.

Alpha Li slowly turned towards the old witch and smirked.

"I don't think that is up to you Aileen. Although you may be the head witch on the island, you have no jurisdiction over the matters among wolves." He said arrogantly.

Aileen's face turned red with anger. But before she could say anything further, Zack spoke up.

"I don't think that would be necessary." He said.

"Oh?" Alpha Li asked, amused.

"As his Alpha, I will take the decisions concerning him. You don't have to bother about such things grandfather." Zack replied.

Elize could feel the tension rising in the room. Alpha Li kept staring at Zack but he stood his ground, without backing away.

"Fine." The man said, finally breaking into a smile. "You can have it your way."

"Thank you grandfather." Zack replied, curtly.

"On one condition." Alpha Li said, his expression unchanging.

Elize tensed.

"You will not mate with this girl until she gets my approval. You have already brought much shame to the family by going against my wishes and living under the same roof with a witch."

"You!" Aileen got up from the seat angrily.

Ignoring the outburst the man continued, "But I am willing to let it slide as she is one part wolf. She can continue to stay in the pack house, but not with you."