The surprise

"Nope. Next!" Agatha shouted.

Elize groaned in frustration and stomped her way to the bathroom.

"I know the next one will fit. I'm sure of it." Irina said, plopping down on the bed.

"I sure hope so. I don't want to sit and weave a dragon's knot into another dress. I've used up my magic for the day all for her. And is she grateful? Nope." Agatha said, wiping fake tears off of her face.

Irina laughed at the younger witch.

The three had been cooped up at Elize's house for the past three days, preparing her in every way for the initiation ceremony. At the moment they were making Elize try on dresses- dresses that were handwoven by magic into perfection, finished with a dragon's knot.

"I can hear you, you know!" Elize yelled from the bathroom.

"I hoped so!" Agatha yelled back and giggled.

Elize peeped out of the bathroom, her hair hanging down to the side.

"So are you guys ready?" Elize asked, a wide grin on her face.
Agatha sat up on the bed and crossed her fingers. She released a deep breath and nodded yes. Irina shook her head and smiled at the drama.

"Ta-da!" Elize yelled, jumping out of the bathroom.

Both her friends had their mouths open. Elize did a small swirl, laughing.

"I told you so." Irina nudged Agatha, who was still staring at Elize with awe.

"So beautiful!" Agatha squeaked.

"Awww thank you, Aggie!" Elize said beaming, making little hearts with her fingers.

"Not you- the dress! I'm so talented." Agatha said, placing an imaginary crown on her own head.

Elize acted offended, placing her hand on her chest and shaking her head.

Agatha laughed and pushed her friend towards the bathroom to do her makeup. Irina pitched in and the three ended up laughing over stories of initiation ceremonies gone wrong while getting ready.
------------------------------------------------------
Three hours later, all three were ready. The sun was setting, reminding Elize that she'd be initiated as a witch in a few hours' time. She felt nervous as she looked at herself in the mirror. The image of a perfectly beautiful woman stared back at her.

The smokey eye shadow that Agatha did for her brought out the gray in her eyes more. Her straight black hair was parted in the middle and tucked behind her ears, a few strands held back by clips with black gems on it. Her lips were painted a nude shade, complimenting the ivory dress that flowed till her ankles. The top part of the dress clung to her torso and exposed her shoulders, doing wonders to her figure.

Elize shivered as her gaze traveled down to the faint red mark just below her collarbone. She missed him. She wondered why he hadn't come back to her. At least he should, to apologize.

"Wipe that frown off of your face will you?" Agatha said, coming behind her and placing her hand on Elize's shoulder.
Elize forced a smile onto her face. She couldn't stop thinking of Zack.

"I know what you're thinking," Agatha said, sighing.
Elize raised her eyebrows at her friend.

"Look, I don't know how this mate thing works but it must be pretty intense if you're still thinking about him even after he cheated on you," Agatha said, dragging her friend back to the bedroom and forcing her to sit on the bed.

"I don't want to talk about him, Aggie," Elize replied, looking away.

"No way. You look at me, missy. I love you okay? That's why I thought I'll remind you of something that you most probably forgot." Agatha said, sitting next to her.