Visitors in the pack house

Zack's POV

It was around dinner time when Zack reached the pack house. The pain that was throbbing through his body, eased a bit by that time. The huge four-storied mansion was fully lit. A dark emerald Rolls Royce Phantom was parked exactly in front of the place, shaming Zack's collection of luxury cars visible behind it. A few men garbed in black suits were patrolling the grounds, bowing slightly as Zack passed them.

As they entered the pack house, Zack noticed that every member of his pack was running around the place doing some work or the other- a stark contrast to normal days. Women were shouting at the kids while placing dishes on the long dinner table while the men were busy arranging the curtains around the room.

As soon as the men saw Zack, their features relaxed, looking at their Alpha with hope. Zack shrugged and mouthed sorry to them at which the men groaned. He knew that all this work only meant one thing. She had come along with grandpa Li.

"Zachariah! My baby." Cooed a shrill voice from the top of the stairs.

Zack's face filled with joy at seeing the dark-eyed woman. Her straight black hair was parted in the middle and tucked behind her ears, flowing gracefully down her back. The green silk gown that she wore, was perfectly fitted to her figure. The huge diamond earrings that she sported, sparkled against her perfectly smooth pale skin.

He ran up to her and embraced her for a long time until she started laughing in his arms. Zack let go of the woman and gleamed down at her.

"You grow younger every time I see you, mama," Zack said, patting the woman on her head.

The woman scrunched her face playfully and nudged him.
"You grew thin! Aren't they feeding you anything?!" She asked linking her hands in his, a slight Mandarin accent poking its head into the conversation.

Zack laughed as his mother lead him upstairs. It's been a while since he enjoyed her company and he had dearly missed her. After a tough day, Zack was happy that his mother was home with him.

"Grandfather has been looking for you all day. Where were you?" She asked, ascending another flight of stairs.
"Ahh well here and there, pack duties and all." Zack lied, looking away. It was best that she didn't know what happened, he thought. He didn't want her to feel any different towards Elize when she finally met her.

"And why do you smell so different? Like not in a bad way but something is different- I can't seem to place it though."

"Ahh well, I have a surprise for you," Zack said laughing nervously.

"Great. So do I!" She said, stopping in front of Zack's office.

More men in black suits were standing guard in front of the room. It was getting on his nerves, how his pack house was now filled with strangers who he had no command over. The men bowed as they spotted the mother-son duo. Zack nodded in acknowledgment and pushed the door open.
A graying man pushed up his spectacles and smirked at him from behind Zack's work table.

He was taller than the average Chinese man, in that he was 6 feet tall. His sharp features were very similar to that of his daughter's, but the aura that he carried had a darkness within it- something that made anyone who came near him shudder with fear.

"So you finally decided to show up." The man said, his voice strong and commanding.

"Alpha Lang Li." Zack acknowledged his grandfather and bowed in respect in front of him.

Zack had much respect for his grandfather, as he was the one who helped his mother back to normalcy after his father's death. Although his parents' marriage was a political alliance and they didn't share the bond of mates, they were once deeply in love. Zack knew that whatever affection that the old man had for him, was only because of his mother. After all, she was Alpha Li's favorite child.