96- Irredeemable?

Steven: Emerald, you should at least show us a little gratitude for saving you from ending up floating aimlessly in the void of space for all eternity.

Emerald: And what? Now I owe you?

Steven: No!

Emerald: So, you think because you did something I never asked for, I'm going to obey you?

Steven: No! That's not-

Emerald: Like all the other Gems you used.

Steven: Oh come on, I just want to help you.

Emerald: I don't need you to. Well, if that's all you've come here to reproach me for, you can go back to where you came from, you little prick.

Steven: *sighs* I see now why even the Zircon assigned to you refuses to pursue your case, she says you don't want to collaborate, you do the opposite of what she tells you.

Emerald: I don't need her, or you, or anyone else! I can handle this on my own, with my own methods.

Steven: Which are?

Emerald: None of your business, you big, stupid jerk.

Steven: What's your problem!? Why are you acting like that? Why don't you let yourself be helped?

Emerald: You know, Steven, I just remembered something that I'd like to corroborate with you, something that's been gnawing at me for a long time.

Steven: What is it?

Emerald: When will you bring the Diamonds?

Steven: Huh?!

Emerald: I mean, by your moral standards, they did countless atrocities in the past; worse than mine, I dare say.

Steven: ...

Emerald: They deserve to be incarcerated in this place and pay for all their crimes, just like me and the rest of my fellow Gems, or am I wrong?

Steven: No, you're quite right. The Diamonds did many bad things in the past, nobody denies that.

Emerald: So, you're accepting that you haven't locked them up yet and never will because they're sympathizers of yours? Rather, because they're part of your, what do you call it, family? friends? hahaha! *dismissively* Whatever, I don't care.

Steven: ...

Emerald: The point here is that you only get rid of those who oppose you, those who don't think like you, those who don't go along with you! You are a despot, a totalitarian! You want all the power for yourself!!

Steven: Man, you've got some imagination. None of what you say is true, though. Let's just say their sentence was to do community service, they pretty much single-handedly fixed all the chaos you made.

Emerald: *mockingly* How nice! They're good people now, they're heroes! *disdainfully* How stupid.

Steven: You know what? They look genuinely sorry for what they did, they've shown a great willingness to rectify their past mistakes from the beginning. Actions speak louder than words.

Emerald: Nonsense!

Steven: The Diamonds proved they can do things right, why can't you? What's stopping you?

Emerald: Life is not rosy, Steven. Things are not as simple as you think. "Bad Gems", as you put it, can't give up their ideals or change their minds out of the blue and for no apparent reason.

Steven: Why not? If you put your mind to it, anything is possible. Everyone can change for the better.

Emerald: Of course not! You've obviously intimidated everyone, including the Diamonds, so you can do whatever you want! And now you're trying to do the same with me!

Steven: I haven't done anything you say, I never would.

Emerald: *sarcastly* Yeah, sure.

Steven: I just believe that we're all, without exception, capable of change.

Emerald: *contemptuously* Hah! Believe what you want, kid. I don't really care.